Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 04-27-2002, 11:36 AM   #1
kanfive

Unhappy Can't transfer or queue files at all

I am using FlashFXP 1.4.3. Whenever I connect to an FTP server, I am unable to transfer or queue files. When I right click on a file or folder the transfer and queue options are dimmed. I tried playing with the passive modes but problem still exists. I could, however, use the "view" option. I can "view" a file and it will be downloaded, I do not know why. My FlashFXP has not expired yet and I am not behind firewall. Please help. Thank you.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:50 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We have had a couple reports of this problem.

At this time we have been unable to determine the cause of the problem and we do not know of a solution.

You might try the latest beta release, if this problem is a result of an error it will generate a debug.log in your FlashFXP with details of the crash, These details will allow us to find and correct the problem.

You can download the latest beta from here
http://www.flashfxp.org/~forum/showt...s=&postid=4274
Old 04-27-2002, 02:35 PM   #3
kanfive

Default I found the problem!

Hey author, thanks for your new beta. It works now and I think I know why. In my previous installation for some reason the FTP used the top left window for browsing, but I think that window is supposed to be for local browsing of the user's own computer. When the FTP listing shows up on the top left window, the software thinks that it's the user's harddrive, therefore you can't "transfer files from your own HD to your own HD". The top right window should be used for FTP browsing. I am not sure how the FTP browsing changed to the top left window though.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
kanfive

Default I found the ultimate problem!

Hey I know where your ultimate problem is. I went to settings to change the default download path, and voila, the top left window becomes blank! When I connect to an FTP site, the top left window becomes the FTP browser! As I said before because the top left window is the user's local HD browser, you can't transfer or queue files off your own HD! The FTP browser MUST be on the top right window in order for transfer and queue to work properly. Please try to look into this problem and fix it, because default download path is a worthwhile feature. Thanks alot.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:11 PM   #5
kanfive

Default actually

Actually, on both windows at the top there's an icon that allows me to switch to local browsing or ftp browsing. I can change my default download path and then if the top left window goes blank I can click on that icon to change it back to local browsing. That means that the software only allow one connection to 1 FTP site, unless I open another FlashFXP as a separate instance.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Checkout our online tutorial
http://www.flashfxp.com/tutorial.php

Tags
file, flashfxp, queue, transfer, view