Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 04-12-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
squonk
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Editing remote site name in the queue

I'm working in FTP mode only.
I was just wondering why it was impossible to edit the remote site name field when you are editing a queue item.
It's possible to change the site to another one from the site manager, but not to edit it manually to change the IP address.

I think you could make it possible, assuming that as soon as a site name is edited by hand, it would be considered as a "direct address" and not a site manager one, and the contrary when you enter the site name from the three dots button giving access to the site manager.

I say that because I just had to change the port of all entries of a voluminous queue and I had to store the site information into the site manager to be able to quickly change all those addresses in one shot.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:48 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

No this is not possible because more information is required not just the ip but the user/pass and port.

If the site wasn't in the site manager where was it?

Both site manager sites and quick connect sites can be edited via the site manager.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #3
squonk
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
No this is not possible because more information is required not just the ip but the user/pass and port.
I agree for the login and password which could remain uneditable.
But for a "direct" IP address the Site field of the Queue Item Edit window reads for instance : ftp://W.X.Y.Z: port. I still think this information could be editable.

Quote:
If the site wasn't in the site manager where was it?
The informations of this site are stored only in the queue file. This queue was built by drag & drop from a site accessed via clipboard monitoring and then saved to a queue file.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:01 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

As I stated in a previous post, the clipboard monitoring is screwed up, I neglected to update the code to use the new quick connect so it doesn't work correctly.

With the new code it will add the site to the quick connect history where this info can be edited.

Tags
change, editing, manager, queue, site