Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 04-10-2002, 01:11 AM   #1
DEUS

Default Problems with Transferrs getting stuck

Sometimes when I try to transfer something to my computer, it gets stuck. I mean, i'll be transferring at 500kb/s or more and then all of a sudden at a certain percentage - the download gets stuck and the transfer rate drops to 0. If I try to resume, I can only get a couple of hundred kb to download, and the speed drops right off again. If i try to overright the file, it'll get to the same spot (at a high tranfer rate) then stop at the exact same spot again. If I go onto the next file - the transfer rate picks right back up. it happens seemingly randomly - but often. Can someone help me with this? Has anyone ever experienced this before?
Old 04-10-2002, 10:17 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

search board, i remember somebody recently reported similar problem.
what build version are you using?
Old 04-10-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Myself and others have been commenting on this problem for quite a while, yet with no solutions.

It does appear randomly, and seems to be only on certain FTPs...
Old 04-10-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
DEUS

well - I must say - it's nice to finally have someone tell me that they've had simular problems - but no one has any advice?
Old 04-10-2002, 05:06 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There was a similar thread, where the problem was a router was timing out the connection after a set amount of time.

If you look i'm sure you'll find it.

There is an experimental option in FlashFXP located in options / preferences / firewall tab / send noops during transfer, checking this options FlashFXP will send a NOOP during transfer to keep the connection from timing out, this option is not compatible with all ftp servers, and may in fact cause problems. WarFTPd is one of these servers that it wont work with.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:51 PM   #6
DEUS

I did a couple of searches on this and some other message boards as well to see if there was already a solution out there, but I must be using the wrong key words, because I have yet to find anything of use.... UNTIL SEEMINGLY NOW -

I just tried the suggestion you gave about the No-Op option, and I'm not sure if it does it immediately, or not, or if it's just a coincedience - but the transer that was stuck for the last half and hour picked right up as soon as I checked that.

I will be ever amazed and entirely grateful if this is the solution to all my transfer problems -

You are truely 1337 in my book.

Thanks - Deus
Old 04-11-2002, 11:59 AM   #7
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Deus:

Are you a home user or work user?

Do you connect through a firewall or similar device?

Just wondered, because if you're connecting in similar circumstances to me, then I will try this also.

I am a home user connecting through ZA Pro 3; although I haven't experienced this problem for a couple of weeks...
Old 04-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #8
kingkong

I have had the same problem a few times on uploading. It would not resume then speed down to zero. The files I had problems with were not zipped, when I zipped them and retried they worked fine. Weird huh?
Old 05-03-2002, 07:25 AM   #9
DEUS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ethanol
[B]Deus:

Are you a home user or work user?

Do you connect through a firewall or similar device?

[QUOTE]

home - and I don't connect through any other device.

also - as soon as I zip up the filez, they download fine -

ne idea's?????
Old 05-03-2002, 07:41 AM   #10
DEUS

oh - and another thing - the no-op option during transferrs doesn't seem to work at all - I'm having just as many if not more occurances of this problem.

I was thinking about replacing my nic card - but then I figured if my nic card was shot then I would be experiencing this problem across the board, instead of randomly.

This whole thing makes no sence to me that certain files won't transfer but other will - and the same file zipp'ed up will transfer. If there is anyone with any help I could really use it.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #11
DEUS

Default still haven probs -

I guess no one out there has figured out how to fix this problem? Does ne1 have any suggestions?

Tags
download, file, rate, stuck, transfer