Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-06-2002, 12:39 AM   #1
Shafto

Unhappy bandwidth help, can't get over 60kb/s = (

ok, whenever I use flashfxp to download stuff to my own comp I always get it at 60kb/s or less, it's like it's capped, yet when I get my friends to go from same site (same isp as me) they get about 350kb/s!! I know it's not my bandwidth because if I log in again and start another transfer I get it at exactly 60 too, I can go up to 6 at a time, all at 60kb/s, I'm hoping it's something in flashfxp that I haven't found? or maybe my windows registry with ftp DLs or something, please help someone!
Old 03-06-2002, 01:51 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

It might be that your ISP has set a cap on the per-transfer bandwidth. It could also be your setup. See http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I have noticed that you counteracted Fusions post, before you posted. I am unsure why Fusion made this post. The only things I can ask are. Where are you trying to download from ? is the sit ablet to handle it, what OS are you usingm what build of FFXP are you using ? ... any other questions which you can thing of...

I have personally used FFXP at greater speeds than 60k/s, with Win2k, and with EVERY build of FFXP, unlesss your ISP has restrictions or the actual site has restrictions on your account (ie. GLFTPD) ... then thats all that comes to mind.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Actually, some ISPs set a cap on some customers and not on others. That some users get good speeds does not mean all do. Shafto may just be in the unlucky position that the network where he's hooked up isn't developed as that of his friends' locations. If this happens on several sites, you may do well to ask the ISP if there something with the connectivity in your area.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:55 AM   #5
Shafto

it's not my isp being capped, unless just on ftp transfers if that's possible? I can download at well over 400kb/s off the web, or dcc sends, or when my ftp client (serv-u) is uploaded to
Old 03-07-2002, 08:38 AM   #6
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

If it's just happening with a limited number of sites, then perhaps the site has limited the per-user download to 60K/s, and your mate is using a download manager such as GetRight or GoZilla. These split the file into segments, and 6 segments would get speeds of up to 360K/s.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #7
Shafto

get right or gozilla with an ftp site? I've never tried so I won't say impossible, but you would need more log-ins on the ftp client to be anle to do that, aside from tat, they do not use either, and I know the logins are not capped at 60kb/s, maybe it could be something in my registry, I'm not sure, but I want to find out
Old 03-08-2002, 07:07 PM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

um, did you enable limit download speed in flashfxp?

Tags
60kb/s, bandwidth, flashfxp, start, transfer