Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-02-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
YoG

Unhappy Transfer errors.. then skips!

Im trying to make a backup of my forum, but its almost an impossible task to do.. because whenever i try transferring my files to my HD it reports a transfer error about 5 times or so and it always skips the file it couldnt transfer!.. So my backup is always faulty
How can i configure Flashfxp so it will retry the file instead of skipping?

I already have the "Restore broken transfers" ticked and set to retry 100 times but it seems like it just ignores this..

Any help would be appreciated! thanks
Old 03-02-2002, 07:26 AM   #2
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

That is the correct option; although I have noticed that in certain circumstances this gets ignored as well and just skips to the next file. I do not know which circumstances this occurs in though.

Maybe there is a reason for this?
Old 03-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

In certain cases a file can be opened excusively on the remote site. A simultanious read, like ftp, would then be impossible and would cause a skipped file. I suggest you start by setting flashfxp to keep failed transfers in queue (marked by an X) so that you can get an idea of what files it is failing on. Then check the host the forum is running on. You may even have to close the forum to stop the files from being blocked, but that's really a feature of the remote-system.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
YoG

Quote:
Originally posted by Fusion
I suggest you start by setting flashfxp to keep failed transfers in queue (marked by an X) so that you can get an idea of what files it is failing on.
That would've been a great solution, if only it worked
The status window reports it skipped 1 file but it doesnt show up marked in the queue list..?

But i'll try your other suggestion and shut down my forum for a while and will try transferring those files again..

thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2002, 01:22 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Only failed transfers are kept in the queue not skipped files.

Perhaps if you showed us a copy of the status window text we can better determine the problem.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:55 PM   #6
YoG

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Only failed transfers are kept in the queue not skipped files.
aight.. the files were in use so it just skipped them. Why didnt the status window said anything about they were locked?

Anyway, my sysop was so kind enough to zip up all the files i needed so i had no probs getting my backup

Thanks for the help peeps
Old 03-03-2002, 02:27 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't know, I don't think it should have skipped them, can you show me a copy of the status window text?
Old 03-03-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
YoG

I tried redownloading all the files and this time it seemed to be worse.. it skipped a total of 17 files.. I watched the Statuswindow and it said Transfer Failed with all of the files it couldnt download.

I dont think they were in use because i had also had trouble downloading .gif files!

I upped a screenshot here and a zipped logfile here (180 kb)
Just do a search on 'transfer failed'..

I personally think it just a screwed up connection thats the cause.. but then its kinda weird it didnt mark the files as unsuccesfull
Old 03-03-2002, 05:43 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I did some tests and the reason it happens is because you have FlashFXP configured to skip files when they already exist.

Incidently you have your preferences configured to retry broken transfers which results in the file being skipped.

To resolve the problem you need to change a setting

Preferences / Transfer tab

[X] Restore broken transfers and retry broken FTP transfers 0 times.

By changing the number of times to zero it will be marked as failed and not skipped..

Alternatively you can configure FlashFXP to overwrite files that already exist.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:18 PM   #10
YoG

Red face

Thats gotta be it I was pretty sure Flash didnt download them cos of the errors, so i didnt checked if they were on my HD .. but they are
<hangs head in shame>

Tags
file, retry, skips, times, transfer