Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 02-04-2002, 11:19 PM   #1
geuhh

Default Problem...Help

Hi, folks, I have a problem
I have downloaded and installed the newest version of Flash FXP, no problem so far. Yet, when I click on the icon to start the programm, nothing visible happens. Although, when I check the Close Programm Dialog box it shows that Flash FXP is running
I am really puzzled by this
Before that I used the 1.2 version without any glitches.
The OS is Win 98SE
Any comments will be deeply appreciated
Thanks...
Old 02-05-2002, 05:20 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

When you installed Flashfxp, did you have many programs running? Likewise, when you run it and you check the programs running, wait a few minutes and you might see that one or more programs has stopped responding. The fact that "nothing happens" is probably linked to an external problem with one of the system-files on the machine. A reboot might cause things to fix themselves, if not we'll have to wait for any grains of wisdom bigstar might part with. Perhaps he can list what system-controls the program uses. I only know of one off the top of my head.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you using an Anti-Virus software, if yes which are you using?

We are aware of a issue with "InoculateIT PE" or "eTrust EZ Antivirus" that prevents FlashFXP from starting up, or results in a very long delay before startup. I personally contacted them and they recommended the following.

Thanks for your email. eTrust EZ Antivirus can cause these sorts of problems if the 'scan all files' and 'Closing files' option is turned on. This option should only be used in an emergency when a virus cannot be contained.
In most cases you will never have to use this option. To check for this option and turn it off open eTrust EZ Antivirus select 'options' then ''Real-Time-Protection'. Now select 'File Monitoring' and un-tick the 'scan all files' and 'Closing files' option. You will have to reboot your machine.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:04 PM   #4
geuhh

Actually, I am running Norton Personal Firewall, Norton AntiVirus, and BlackICE, if that is of any help...
Old 02-05-2002, 02:37 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Using Norton Anti-Virus with the latest updates should not cause any problems. I use Norton Anti-Virus myself.

A firewall or blackice would not prevent FlashFXP from starting up.

I can't think of anything else that would prevent you from running FlashFXP.

For whatever reason FlashFXP is not 100% compatible with everyones system configuration/software, There is a small 1% that are simply not able to run flashFXP for no apparent reason.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:41 PM   #6
..:::SG:::..

you said you were using 1.2 and updated to the latest (1.4 i assume) have you tried 1.3? might work, you never know

Tags
flash, fxp, problem, programm, version