Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 05-22-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
Segosa

Default Three things...

First of all, files with a .htm file extension (and maybe even .html, haven't tried) don't appear with the usual FireFox icon they used to. Since this morning they've appeared with an exe icon, which is kind of strange. In Windows, the icons are FireFox's. I've no idea why this happened or how to fix, any suggestions?

And second, If I go to FlashFXP's update feature, It says there's version 3 build 1004. Yet the website still says 2.1. This makes no sense, why would they release version 3 and yet, not say anything about it on the website?

And last of all, is there a way to get FlashFXP to open with ftp:// URLs?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #2
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hi Segosa,

I would try rebooting to see if your icon problem goes away. If you have the Windows Addon called TWEAKUI, you could try rebuilding your icon cache with it without the need to reboot. Let me know if either of these solves it.

We are currently preparing to release FlashFXP 3.0, and it seems the update server may be reporting the wrong build right now. I'll have the webmaster look at it.

FlashFXP 3.0 will support ftp:// url browsing with an included browser plugin. We expect to release 3.0 in just a week or two, so stay tuned!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:43 AM   #3
Segosa

I rebooted, and it didn't go away, it turns out it's a windows problem, because I moved the installation directory of FireFox... I moved it back, but the icons won't associate with it, I tried editing it in the registry, or in the more user friendly area in folder options, now all .htm or .html appear with an exe icon . I'd prefer not to use a 3rd party tool if I could help it (I know TweakUI is by Microsoft, but I regard it as one..) I'm going to post this question on Neowin too, see if I get some replies there.

I'm looking forward to FlashFXP 3.0
Old 05-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

You were unable to manually change the default icon of the associated filetypes? The Folder Options area does have a Change Icon button when editing an extension.

FireFox should be scrappy enough to re-install over your existing install without causing too much problem. This may fix your icons. Just backup any important data first.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #5
Segosa

Well, after a lot of trouble, reinstalling FireFox a couple of times and losing my temper, I finally got everything back to normal again

Tags
build, flashfxp, icon, version, website