Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-20-2002, 11:26 AM   #1
Chronoslayer

Exclamation Automatic Transferring on Connnection

A convenient feature that I've seen in bulletproof ftp was to automatically begin transferring a queue upon connection to a site. This was good for queueing files while logged in with an account that only had viewing priveleges, and then setting the client to login to the busy download account and transfer files once logged into that account rather than the view account.
Is this possible to do with Flashfxp? As it stands, just running a queue that was made while logged in on a view account will of course not work because the account those files were queued under has no download priveleges.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:47 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Automatic Transferring on Connnection

Quote:
Originally posted by Chronoslayer
A convenient feature that I've seen in bulletproof ftp was to automatically begin transferring a queue upon connection to a site. This was good for queueing files while logged in with an account that only had viewing priveleges, and then setting the client to login to the busy download account and transfer files once logged into that account rather than the view account.
Is this possible to do with Flashfxp? As it stands, just running a queue that was made while logged in on a view account will of course not work because the account those files were queued under has no download priveleges.

This is possible if you make 2 accounts/sites within flashfxp site manager for each account. Queue the files in the view account, then disconnect and then select all the files/dirs in the queue & press edit or ctrl-e and then change the site which it downloads from to the other account you made for download.

Ie. View account in Flashfxp site manager was called "Jerry-View" and the download was called "Jerry-Down". So when you queue in the view, disconnect, select the files in the queue and press edit (right click) or press ctrl-e change the bottom entry (site) to "Jerry-Down" instead of "Jerry-View" ..

This was a bit hard to explain and I hope you understood it.... its not a hard process to do though, just hard to explain

To my knowledge this would be the only way to do what you want to do, unless the author has another way. But i'd try this first and see what you think (If you understand what ive tried to say)
Old 01-20-2002, 08:18 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Once you have edited the site name in the queue, To start the queue simply press GO
Old 01-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #4
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Once you have edited the site name in the queue, To start the queue simply press GO

Thats what I said

Tags
account, files, logged, priveleges, view