Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-22-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
tim_shady1

Default ftp.log ?

I noticed that flashFXP has created a dir /logs/ and a file in there called ftp.log .. thats nice and everything, only i dont want this, and i cant delete it, so i asked the admin, and he also couldnt delete it.

so how can i delete this, and how can i stop flashfxp from doing this ? i cant find anything in the options or anything

thanks in advance
Old 03-22-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Um on the ftp server? If so FlashFXP doesn't do anything like that. Perhaps you have this file mixed up with something else.

FTP status messages can be logged to a file on your local machine, this is off by default. It's called Disk based Logging and it's located in the Preferences.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
tim_shady1

hmm, thats very strange, because the server dosnt do anything like that from what im aware either, looks like the mystery of the phantom logger is apon us.

anyhow, i cant seem to delete it, is there some kind of file properties that have to be altered so i can delete it or somthing ?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

do you have permission to delete files in that folder? If you do perhaps a program on the ftp server has the file open. you can't delete an open file.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:34 AM   #5
tim_shady1

it says i dont have permission, but i asked the admin to delete it and he said that he also dosnt have persmission.

prehaps somthing is running in the background, ill have to look into that one, thanks for your help

Tags
admin, advance, delete, flashfxp, ftp.log