Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-13-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
jsprowl

Question Loosing connection(s)

Sometimes if I am transferring from site to site, FlashFXP will loose connection to the site(s), but it thinks it's still connected. Is there a way to fix that? Maybee a suggestion for a future release could be an option to break the que after a certain length of time and then restart the que.
Old 01-14-2002, 01:31 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

did you configure options, preferences, transfer tab?
Old 01-14-2002, 03:25 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP enables winsock keepalives, so if the connection is lost the keealive should detect it and cause the socket to close.

I've done some local tests with keepalives in the past and they appeared to work well. Perhaps the millage varries depending on your system configuration.

I don't think aborting the transfer after a set amount of time is a good idea. Let's see if we can figure out what causes the connection to be lost and why FlashFXP isn't being notified.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:39 AM   #4
jsprowl

I had anti-idle turned off.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

keepalives & anti-idle are two different things.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:52 PM   #6
jsprowl

Yea, hehe, I kinda thought so, after I posted the reply. I have a P3 500/256MB Ram running Windows XP and using a Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC, and a Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast 4-Port Cable / DSL Router .
Old 01-14-2002, 10:46 PM   #7
jsprowl

http://www.flashfxp.org/~forum/showt...=&threadid=386

That thread there could explain what's happening to me, because I had transfered files from one site to my hd, then transfered them to the other site, and it would transfer a file, then the progress indicator would go to 0kb per sec, then it would disconnect then reconnect and resume the que, skipping the file it had transfered. But when I was transferring a file from site to site, FlashFXP didn't know that the file was completed and there was a ??? in the corner indicating it didn't know how much time was left on the transfer. Some sites seem to be like that. Most are ok though. Did you tweak the winsock keep-alives in the later version or something?
Old 01-15-2002, 05:46 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

When the connection is lost it can be caused by anything between you and the ftp server.

The post you reference is incorrect. There were no changes to address a problem like that because it's vague. There was a problem where FlashFXP would disconnect/reconnect between each file but that's totally different.

When FXPing a file if the data connection stalls, The server may time out and boot you off the server with no reason.

KeepAlives have been in-use as far back as I can remember. It's an on/off thing, Either it's on or it's off. FlashFXP in sures that it is on.

There are so many possiblities. The fact that very few people bring this problem up, leads me to believe it's either hardware/internet related. Over 1 million FlashFXP downloads last year alone

Tags
future, maybee, release, site, suggestion