Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-14-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Question Comments from Developers on UFXP?

Hi all,

I see that UltraFXP is out and about and while I haven't used it I see that a lot of people in certain forums are, and as this is a discussion forum I was hoping to get some feedback from the Developers of FlashFXP as to what they think of it as a program, and as competition to FlashFXP ?

So what are your comments, feeling, thoughts??

My comments:

It looks like FlashFXP
It smells like FlashFXP
It can do almost the same as FlashFXP

FlashFXP v4.0.0, build 1462, registered
Firewall: Linux IPTables
Antivirus: Sophos
Network: xDSL

Old 01-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i'm not a developer but i can tell you that ufxp is a blatant ripoff of flashfxp.
it's name, it's original gui, layout of config menu, parts of help file word for word were ripped from flashfxp.

ufxp can do some things flashfxp can't, yet there are many things it can't do that flashfxp had for years..

it sucks that ufxp is riding on success of flashfxp w/o giving anything back, but at the same time competition is good.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
LBeansy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thumbs up

I don't know about all of you but, I will NEVER use another FTP program other than FlashFXP!

It's the best and it has everything that I will ever need.

Keep up the good work guys!

-L

~Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 - Main Computer & Laptop
~Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus - (Win 7)
~Running Behind NAT/Router [x] Yes - Linksys AC1900 / EA6900
~Running Firewall [x] Yes - Windows Firewall
~Network: Cable, Comcast

~Installation Details:
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1

FlashFXP version: 5.4.0 (build 3970)
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1
Installation type: Per User - User data folder

Program folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 5\

Data folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP\5\

Shared data folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\5\

Temp folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Local\Temp\
Old 02-25-2004, 02:18 AM   #4
gozu

what can flashfxp do that ultrafxp can't?

I'm not trolling, never used ultrafxp in fact. flashfxp is stable and has a ****load of neat features that make my life easier. Just wondering.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
cr0w

I'd be more interested in a response to comments like this, from supporters of UltraFXP

Version Reviewed: 0.96.3.7.0 Beta
Reviewed by: panurgic
Date: July 11th, 2003 5:52 AM
Filezilla and this combat the total and complete evil that is FlashFXP, the software that reports to the FBI or your local government every site you store in your site manager. Live free or die!

Version Reviewed: 0.96.3.6.0 Beta
Reviewed by: thezelda
Date: June 28th, 2003 6:13 PM
Finally! An alternative to the tyranny and spying of Charles DeWeese and FlashDeathFXP! The word on the grapevine is that programs that are commonly used to move software are being bugged magic lantern style by the Federal Gestapo, with FlashFXP's culled data being used as evidence against several people recently in Federal Court! Beware, you may be inviting the vampire in with FLASHFXP and any of Charles DeWeese's software! Long live the alternative ;p

Of course, developers/supporters will say that flashfxp doesnt steal your sites, or anything like that, and of course anti-flashfxp will say that it does... no proof by either side to back anything up...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
Eternity
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Not sure where they get that stuff from... Sounds to me like the developers or their friends signed up and posted stuff like that.

Flash has been around for much longer than Ultra if I'm not mistaken. The blatant similarities between the two only show that Ultra is a complete ripoff. That can be backed up if you know the history behind the two programs. The stuff you've just reposted from them, however, cannot be backed up.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:53 AM   #7
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by cr0w
... Of course, developers/supporters will say that flashfxp doesnt steal your sites, or anything like that, and of course anti-flashfxp will say that it does... no proof by either side to back anything up ...
And old and useless discussion. Search the board for topics about this subject and if you want a REAL proof use a real-time network sniffer, as Ethereal (I bet that 100% of those UltraFXP drunk 'supporters' don't know how to use it, but they know for sure that FlashFXP sends your sites to the WhiteHouse, FBI HeadQuarter, CIA training camp, United Nations Court, the hidden Moon base and the Simpson's house ... LOL xDD).
Old 03-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
Not sure where they get that stuff from... Sounds to me like the developers or their friends signed up and posted stuff like that.
it's posted on betanews. there're few morons who lost their tin foil caps and think whole world is spying on them.

Quote:
Flash has been around for much longer than Ultra if I'm not mistaken.
i have been using flashfxp since around '97-'98...ultrafxp appeared in '02?
Quote:
Of course, developers/supporters will say that flashfxp doesnt steal your sites, or anything like that, and of course anti-flashfxp will say that it does... no proof by either side to back anything up...
panurgic and thezelda among others on betanews are known warez monkies.
a while ago if flashfxp detected user tried to register with known warez key, flashfxp would open BSA webpage to educate users about software piracy.
but with each new "review" those morons progressively exaggerated this fact and turned it onto "sending sites to charles" then "sending sites to bsa" then "sending sites to fbi" then "use flashfxp to transfer 'magic lantern'"
those losers are just upset that they couldn't find working key.

as for proof...flashfxp have been around for at least 6 years, don't you think if there was anything hidden in flashfxp it wouldn't it be spotted/detected by now?
and like DYN_DaTa mentioned, if you want independent proof, see for yourself..install any network sniffer and monitor flashfxp's traffic. if you are using authentic flashfxp downloaded from it's website(and not some cracked/hacked/modified version with backdoors...i've seen a few "releases" by well known groups that backdoored flashfxp) there won't be anything but the traffic that you told it to generate.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #9
Linkster
Administrator

Thanks MxxCon,

I have grown so tired of dealing with this subject. As stated above, it has been discussed many times over on this messageboard. There is really no more merit in this entire thread. I'm closing it.

Tags
comments, competition, developers, feedback, flashfxp