Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 10-24-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Directory list timeout?

On one of my servers (www.glassbaron.com), I have a directory with 1392 files in it (images). The server is unix but does not report the FTP server software or version.

What's happening is that it will occassionally crap out trying to list the directory and get disconnected, like the list command is timing out or something. Once it does it, sometimes it'll get the listing by going through the server list to reconnect (but never by selecting 'reconnect'), and a couple times I had to completely exit FlashFXP before it would list that directory (even though it was listing other directories on the site). Any idea why it's crapping out like that?

Also, I noticed that FlashFXP is not displaying any kind of transfer status during the list transfer. It just says "Listing Directory." It'd be really usefull to know whether it's actually transfering data at that point and how much it's getting before it dies.

I'm using build 924.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:15 PM   #2
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

BTW, when it does successfully work, it takes just about the same amount of time (15 sec., as near as I can tell) as it does before it disconnects when it fails.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I suspect no data is being transfered and something goes wrong, during a listing that status changes to "Listing Directory, XXXXX bytes" where XXX is the number of bytes transferred.

Are you using Passive or Active Mode?
Old 10-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #4
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

Yeah, you're right, I just now noticed it does show the bytes transfered once it actually starts.

I'm using passive mode. Active mode won't work on this machine because of a firewall.

How long is FlashFXP willing to wait for the server to start transfering the list? I'd swear the thing is timing out.

Tags
directory, list, listing, server, transfer