Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-02-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
joelbb

Default Trouble connecting behind a Linksys

I am running on a network behind a Linksys router and I cannot connect with Flash to another computer behind a Linksys router, both running NAT. I tried DMZ on my router, did not help. I tried various settings including binding the IP (which a friend said worked for him), did not help. Always get an error when it tries to open data connection for directory list - error 425. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:43 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

If you're attempting to FXP, you can either try the alternative method (found in Site Manager, Options) or use a proxy. NAT vs NAT equals trouble.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
joelbb

Thanks for the reply. But I am not actually trying to fxp here, just connect to the site - I cannot even get a listing. I suppose I could try a proxy, just never have much luck finding a good one.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

You might be able to find a proxy to use here.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
opIV138

im also behind a linksys, and tried using public proxies without any real luck, as they are so unbelievably slow it doesnt even seem worth it. is there a way to get private proxies, or edit the NAT settings in order to get FXPing to work even with a linksys router and without a proxy? i also noticed when it ran the PORT command it used my local ip address. in the firewall options in FlashFXP i put in my real ip address, so that was fixed, but still no luck... if only it was possible to FXP between to microsoft NT computers...

Tags
error, linksys, router, running, worked