Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 09-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
MorpheusX

Default I am using a Microsoft Router and I am having the same problem w/ connecting

split from this thread http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=1110
since this issue isn't Linksys router related i moved it to it's own thread
-MxxCon

I am experiencing the same problem w/ the M$ router as well. I was connecting two weeks ago and now all I get is:

WinSock 2.0
Connecting to xbmp.uk.xbins.org
Connection failed (Connection timed out)
Delaying for 5 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

And when I look at my router status it's disconnected and reconnects at FlashFXP's delay in reconnect. But for some everytime I try to connect to a site in FXP it disconnects and reconnects in delay.

FXP is set as follows:

Use Passive - Checked
Use Port Range - 1024-1224 (as in my router setup)
Bind to IP Address - to my ISPs DNS and when I tried my NICs IP I still get the same results.

Please help!!! TIA
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #2
estrait

Default Re: I am using a Microsoft Router and I am having the same problem w/ connecting

Try it without the Bind to setting. This should be used for when you have a dns name, like yourname.no-ip.com, or an IP pointing to your machine only.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:03 AM   #3
MorpheusX

Exclamation

I have tried without bind the ip and still the same results
Old 09-27-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
estrait

Quote:
Originally posted by MorpheusX
I have tried without bind the ip and still the same results
I tried this address and can get to it but not connect as I don't have a user/password to log on. I can also ping it. I am using Pasv mode.

Since your using PASV the port numbers and bind to won't matter as in PASv mode the server you are connecting to will tell you the ports you are gonna connect to.

So some questions are...
Have you ever connected to this site before? Can you connect to other sites in PASV ? Are you behind a Proxy server with your ISP? Have you tried resetting your router to default and then reset backup again? What is the IP of your pc and is it DHCP issued by the router or static one like 192.168.0.2 ? Can you connect to this site using IE ftp://xbmp.uk.xbins.org ?
Old 10-09-2003, 03:34 AM   #5
MorpheusX

Default FLASHFXP Problems using microsoft router

Now, I have connected to these sites before in PASIVE mode in the pass.....but check this out! I removed the router and still couldn't connect to that site (xbmp) nor xbins' site. I am in distress right now as I can't get any files....I have also tried cute ftp and bullet and still the same results.....
Old 10-09-2003, 09:25 AM   #6
estrait

Default Re: FLASHFXP Problems using microsoft router

If you could do it before and can't do it now without any changes on your side, then I would go to another location and try. You maybe behind a Proxy or just your ISP is blocking those sites for some reason or possible those sites are blocking you.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you can't connect to that site using any clients, then i would guess you either have system wide problem, or that site doesn't exist on that ip/port.
i recommend you contact server administrator of that site and make sure that you have correct information.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 AM   #8
MorpheusX

OK, I tried going to ftp.microsoft.com via the cmd line and I get "unknown connection error number" msg. Now I know that it's not that site and my ISP said they made know changes to the service.

Tags
connecting, connection, delay, reconnect, router