Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 08-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
zeds

Default nic and modem??????????

hi plp this is my first post so plz bear with me im trying to conect my pc to my xbox i have done this b4 and it all worked fine. but i have got a new modem/router and flash fxp is now useing the modem and i need to tell fxp to use the nic card insted is there ne way i can do this i would be verry verry verry gr8full

thx for ne help or replys

DZ
Old 08-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Prefs, "Proxy/Firewall/Ident" tab, "bind sockets to this address", type in ip of device that you want to use.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
frogtop

i also have this problem.
i am using winxp pro, i have cable internet using a rj45 - usb converter, and today installed a realtek chipset nic. I have connected this to my xbox with a crossover cable. when i try to connect with flashxp, i just get a timeout error. I have changed the ip of my card to 192.168 etc, the same as the xbox(but with a different last number), but i still get the same error. I have tried the binding feature, to bind the connection to my nic, but the result is still the same.

Any ideas?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
Joker

I have the same setup as you guys, 2 network cards on this comp, one goes to modem and other to xbox.
I am using ICS in windows xp to connect to my xbox, and it also allows my xbox to connect to the i-net for eg, listen to live radio.

I havent made any settings at all to flashfxp and it all works good.
my xbox ip is 192.168.0.94.

in xbox settings follow this steps.
Setup network: Yes
Use static ip: No
save and exit.

to use ICS with winxp, go to network connections and rightclick on the network card that is connected to the i-net, and choose Properties - Advanced.
and there you will find a menu that says Internet connection sharing
and inside that you will find 2 checkboxes.
check the first one "allow other network users to connect through this computers i-net connection" check it, and its all done.
your other network card will get the ip 192.168.0.1 after that.

Restart your xbox and your xbox will have a new ip and connect to that as normal with ffxp.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #5
frogtop

i've done this, and now my xbox reports my pc's ip as 192.168.0.64, whereas b4 it was just 0.0.0.0. if i look at my connection, it now reports that it receives 1 packet each time my xbox boots, whereas b4 it was always 0 received, but i still get the same error when i try to connect with flashfxp.

i'm sure its a confiuration issue with my pc, but i can't find what it is
Old 10-11-2003, 05:41 PM   #6
Joker

maybe you have any firewall blocking the traffic?
turn of built in firewall in xp, and/or any other firewall software you may have such as Zone alarm/symantec and try again.

Since your xbox is getting an ip the network settings are good.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:06 PM   #7
frogtop

thanks for your help, i've just turned my firewall off, but i'm still getting the same result

Tags
fxp, modem, nic, useing, verry