Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 07-08-2003, 09:19 AM   #1
temp123456
FlashFXP Registered User

Question register&use

well, im thinking about registering.
but i have to be able to use flashfxp on my slow ADSL home PC and on my fast 100mbit work PC too. is it possible to use it on 2 PC? like while downloading somethin big that takes days to complete on my home pc (like linux distribs), going to work and the use flashfxp the to browse sites while the other 1 is downloading home? or while at work, remote managing my home pc to download other stuffs too? that may seem from a thind point of view, like 2 different ppl using 1 copy at the same time, while it's actually only me :/ does that put tha cross on the lincense agreement?

aswell, sorry for asking such a question, that i could find the answer to, if i would take my time to browse the forums :/
Old 07-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

it's covered in http://www.flashfxp.com/license.php
Quote:
Registered Version
One registered copy of SOFTWARE may either be used by a single person who uses the SOFTWARE personally on one or more computers, or installed on a single workstation used non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not both. You may access the registered version of SOFTWARE through a network, provided that you have obtained individual licenses for the SOFTWARE covering all workstations that will access the SOFTWARE through the network. For instance, if 5 different workstations will access SOFTWARE on the network, each workstation must have its own SOFTWARE license, regardless of whether they use SOFTWARE at different times or concurrently.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:07 AM   #3
Joker

Registered Version
One registered copy of SOFTWARE may either be used by a single person who uses the SOFTWARE personally on one or more computers, or installed on a single workstation used non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not both.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:39 AM   #4
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hmm, interesting.

This reads like most licenses, except it leaves a bit of a gaping hole.

Most licenses, like this one, give permission to the user to either carry their software around from computer to computer, or to dedicate the software to a single terminal with multiple users... except that they also go on to read "as long as multiple copies aren't used concurrently" (paraphrasing). This license on the other hand, simply states "by a single person who uses it personally on one or more computers"... and says nothing about concurrent use or concurrent installations (uninstall after you're done).

I guess by that right, temp123456 may install it on countless computers for personal concurrent use, provided noone else ever touches it.

- Raccoon

Edit: Or is that covered in the first 3 words of the license "One registered copy"?
Old 07-14-2003, 06:58 AM   #5
temp123456
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up

Raccoon. exactly my point of view!
that's why i was asking about it.
it's not forbidden. so may i use it at home and at work? even simultaneously? as long as only I use it? i really need to be able to do so for download automatization.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The license gives the user permission to use the software on multiple systems as outlined in the license agreement.

You can use the software at home and at work provided that you use the software personally, not work related.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:14 AM   #7
temp123456
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

Thanx bigstar, for enlightening us with a clean and simple answer
MxxCon is doing a great job on the forums too!!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:53 AM   #8
temp123456
FlashFXP Registered User

Wink

hehe
now i'm a proud member of the registered community
Old 07-15-2003, 06:59 AM   #9
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Congradulations, please update your profile to include your FlashFXP ID (found in about box).

Do not post this or give it to anyone though.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 AM   #10
temp123456
FlashFXP Registered User

Talking

OK
Done!
Thanx for reminding.

Tags
browse, downloading, home, time, work