Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 06-16-2003, 01:11 PM   #1
Zerbe_2

Default SSL from behind a firewall

Ok, heres my question. I think this is configuration issue or it just plain wont work. I have 2 pcs, each behind a firewall, one at work, one at home. The home one i can obviously change the port forwarding, etc. This is the one running the server, Raidenftpd. The one at work(the client) has only one port to get out on, port 21 and I dont have access to the firewall or anything to change the ports. When I run normal ftp on port 21 all works fine, but I would like to run ssl. So I set ssl to port 21 on my server(and change the ftp port so they dont conflict) and port 21 on the client, as implicit ssl btw. All I get is a negotiating ssl connecting and then nothing. Is this possible, will ssl work on port 21, does it use other ports too that are most likely blocked? I dont know what I am doing wrong.

FlashFXP v2.1.922
Both PCs Windows XP
RaidenFTPD v2.4.533

Thanks for any info.

EDIT: I think I figured it out, RaidenFTPD needs access to the standard ftp when connecting via ssl.

Tags
change, port, raidenftpd, ssl, work