Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-29-2003, 07:33 AM   #1
cyppe

Default All dirs + specified file in that, and no more (HOW?)

Hello, is there some kind of way to 'reverse' the skip list, so it will only accept the kind of stuff entered there?

So I can do this:

mark all dirs in a dir for downloading, and then it will just cwd into that dir, and then download a special pattern of file like *.html, and not any subdirs/other file..

so if i got like this

/home/dir/dir1/blabla/
/home/dir/dir1/dododo/
/home/dir/dir1/lalala/

/home/dir/dir2/blabla/
/home/dir/dir2/dododo/
/home/dir/dir2/lalala/

and the dirs dir dir1 and dir2 is marked, and then i only want the *.html files in those dirs to be downloaded + the name of the dir1 and dir2..

so on my disk i will get like c:\dir2\*.html and c:\dir1\*.html

and it should NOT download the rest of the dirs (blabla, dododo or lalala)

Please help.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Unfortunately, there is no such option that does exactly what you are requesting. There are many alternate methods though.

You can open all of the directories you wish to download .htm files from, and manually do a Directory > Mask Select (CTRL+S), entering *.htm and Queuing Selected files.

You can perform a Tools > Find Files on FTP Server, and search for *.htm files with the Advanced Option of Search Depth = 1. In your example, it should only traverse the first level directories.

These methods may take a little extra effort, but they should get the job done relatively fast until such a feature becomes available.

- Raccoon
Old 03-29-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
cyppe

the search thing worked fine,
BUT it still doesnt do what I want.. when I queue the found files, it will just download the files into one dir.. I still want to download the dirname where the file is found and put the files in that dir..

Any idea about that?

Tags
dir, dir1, dirs, download, file