Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-01-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
Jahn Lee

Default Disconnecting issues

I keep getting disconnected from FTP sites after downloading a file. When i try to reconnect again, the server gives this error:

530 Not logged in, only one session from same IP allowed at a time.
Connection failed

It then takes aprrox 2-3 minutes until I can connect again. This happens after completing each file for every file.

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this??

I am connecting through a Netgear DG-814 broadband router.

Many thanks!
Old 03-01-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

try to put ! before your username. in many servers this is used to kill ghost connections..
also look in your router to change value of idle connection time out setting.
if your router doesn't have such setting, you can try enabling "send noops during transfer" checkbox from "Proxy/Firewall/Ident" tab. but keep in mind that this option sometimes cause problems with some servers.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
Jahn Lee

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
try to put ! before your username. in many servers this is used to kill ghost connections..
also look in your router to change value of idle connection time out setting.
if your router doesn't have such setting, you can try enabling "send noops during transfer" checkbox from "Proxy/Firewall/Ident" tab. but keep in mind that this option sometimes cause problems with some servers.
Thanks!

I'll give the "!" a try.

As with the router's idle connection time, it's already set to 0 (which according to the manual for it will disable the idle timer).

*EDIT: Just gave the "!" a try but it says not logged in afterwards (invalid username I suppose).

Any other suggestions please?
Old 03-04-2003, 07:51 AM   #4
Ajay

no help to you, but iv'e got exactly the same problem with it disconnecting between each file transfer, this only happened when i changed from XP to Windows server 2003 rc2
Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 AM   #5
Jahn Lee

Have you managed to find a solution??

I have found a temporary way around this but it doesn't work with all FTPs. I've turned "Sending Noops During Transfers" to on and it's managed to work on a few servers. Dunno whether it will cause a problem with anti hammering sites.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:46 PM   #6
FooBag
FlashFXP Registered User

Go to the Transfers tab in the Options. Uncheck "Close unused FTP connections during transfer" This will cure your problem.

As for the long wait to reconnect, that is the timeout set on the ftp server that you are connecting to. After FlashFXP drops from the server, you still have a ghost connected to the server; it does not get kicked until it reaches the server's idle connection timeout limit.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:30 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by FooBag
Go to the Transfers tab in the Options. Uncheck "Close unused FTP connections during transfer" This will cure your problem.
actualy it won't.
this option is if you connect to 2 sites, queue download only on one and hit transfer, which this option enabled flashfxp will automaticly disconnect from unneeded site, otherwise connection will remain open.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:59 PM   #8
FooBag
FlashFXP Registered User

That may be what it is supposed to do, but it also has an effect on normal FTP usuage. When it is checked, Flash will disconnect between each file in site to local transfers.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:08 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by FooBag
That may be what it is supposed to do, but it also has an effect on normal FTP usuage. When it is checked, Flash will disconnect between each file in site to local transfers.
It shouldn't and if thats the case then there's a bug. It could be related to how you named your site. I've heard of a problem like this in the past but was never able to track it down.

Tags
completing, connect, file, minutes, takes