Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
adamfargo

Default help! computer restarts every time i use flashfxp 1.41 or 2.0

I connect my computer with a crossover cable to another computer and transfer about 1 gb of small files. They transfer very fast (up to 2000 kb/s) but all of the sudden my computer will just restart itself, I don't know what to do. This happens every time that I use it. It's not my computer I don't think because I have dual athlon 1700+ and 1gb of memory. If anyone knows what the problem is please contact me via e-mail or aim or just reply to the post. I couldn't seem to find this topic anywhere else. Thanks
Old 01-18-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

what OS?
what BUILD of flashfxp?
Old 01-20-2003, 03:01 AM   #3
Voxxel

What Network card do you have? I used to have this problem where my computer would restart if my network usage went high. Try installing the newest or maybe even and older set of drivers for your NIC and see if that has any effect.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #4
petrus
FlashFXP Registered User

By any chance, do you have any antivirus program with File System Realtime Protection? It can cause system crashes during a large file transfer at high speed.
I have had system crashes during file transfer or CD burning. I finally found out the cause. It was File System Realtime Protection of Symantec AntiVirus. Whenever I transfered a large file, my system crashed. It doesn't mean transfer to other computer. They are internal transfers at high speed, ie. moving to other folder or drive, CD burning... . It happened with single files larger than around 450 MB. So I disabled File System Realtime Protection as a try and it worked. I have never got a system crash during file transfers since then.
You should check it if you use some kind of protection. Hope this might help you.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #5
Voxxel

Petrus,

I don't use any sort of AntiVirus programs, so that wasn't the issue.

I finally solved my problem by getting a new PC. In my case, I believe it may have been an incompatibility with my particular hardware setup.

I replaced every single component of my PC except the motherboard, but I could not figure it out. I do know it was related to transferring files, but I never did find out what exactly was going on.

Hopefully you will figure something out.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #6
petrus
FlashFXP Registered User

Voxxel,

Sorry, but I have no idea in your case. Maybe motherboard problem?
My CC-820 board had a problem. And OR-840 board had a problem with MS Intelimouse Explorer. It was really hard to find out the cause.
Hope you can find a solution soon.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:45 PM   #7
petrus
FlashFXP Registered User

Voxxel,

Do you have a big enough power supply?
Not enough power can cause a lot of unknown problems.
Also insufficent cooling can cause problems too.

Tags
1700+, 1gb, computer, time, transfer