Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 12-02-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
Pathfinder

Default Manual renaming/deleting impossible if ';' in directory name!

Hello everyone,

I came across a quite frustrating problem in FlashFXP (which is a great program btw!). It seems I cannot manually rename or delete (ie. using raw commands) a directory that has a ';' in its name, because that character makes FlashFXP think there is a new line in the command. Is there any way to circumvent this, and if not, will it be fixed/changed in a future version?

Thanks,

Pathfinder

Old 12-02-2001, 06:18 PM   #2
Pathfinder

I'm sorry I posted this, I just found out this had been asked before (I guess I didn't give the search the right keywords...). But isn't there any chance this functionality (like being able to put a \ in front of a ; to make it work)? I would really appreciate it, because I use dir names with ;'s in them a lot, and it would come in quite handy if I could delete them, or at least rename them.

Old 12-03-2001, 11:27 AM   #3
Tounet

Talking Huuuuuh ?

Just another lamer ?

perhaps ....
Old 12-03-2001, 03:41 PM   #4
Pathfinder

No, I really want to rename/delete my own directories. And don't start about warez.. btw if you don't believe me, and you know what DFXP stands for, look me up there

Old 12-03-2001, 04:29 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I think you can use %d and enter a ";" without it being parsed. With the current design there is no other way. Why not use the features provided for deleting and renaming, why you need to use raw commands is beyond me.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:40 AM   #6
Pathfinder

Thanks bigstar, that worked! It's not so often I have to do this, so using a custom command with %d isn't really a problem.

The reason I need to use raw commands: some ftps (running NT I believe) don't show a directory name fully if it starts with one or more spaces. Example:
Code:
\   test\
show up as:
Code:
\test\
Because of this, you cannot rename or delete such a directory the regular way. It also happens if such a directory is behind a com1 directory (because then, you can't view the listing of that directory directly).

Old 12-08-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
Celerex_2

bloody pubbers.

Tags
command, directory, flashfxp, line, pathfinder