Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 11-19-2002, 11:20 AM   #1
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

Default FXP 1 file halt issue

Hi there - i see from other threads - people with linksys routers are having similar problems to me. I send no-ops during transfer at 3 minute intervals.

I am using Flashfxp V2.0 Build 902.

The error is as follows:

226 Transfer ok
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (24,83,103,215,82,34).
PORT 24,83,103,215,82,34
200 Port command successful.
STOR bob1.rar
RETR bob1.rar
150 Opening data connection for bob1.rar (11125331 bytes).
150 Data connection accepted from 129.241.125.252:1910; transfer starting for m-mp.017.
200 NOOP command successful.
226 Transfer ok

and the no-ops continue forever until i cancel. You can see that 226 Transfer ok was when the file was complete, but why didn't flashfxp move onto the next file?

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried every combination of Passive Mode, Alt FXP and even tried behind router NAT Setting.

Thanks

Del^
Old 11-19-2002, 05:23 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP didn't continue because there was only ONE transfer complete message, there should be TWO. one from each ftp server. I suspect sending noops is confusing the ftp server and you'll need to disable them.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks Bigstar,

Hmmm - possibly - but if I do that then the router will close the ports and the transfer will never work.

Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Del^
Old 11-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm afraid not
Old 11-26-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
grandad

Hi, I have the same problem, it will transfer the first file ok but not the following files. i am using a DLINK 504 with WIN XP i have enabled DMZ redirected ports ect tried all different settings in flash but still have the problem. I can fxp ok to another freind but not this friend, he has tried changing the settings at his end but nothing. It used to work fine but now it just stalls after the first file.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really frustrating.

Thanks
grandad
Old 11-27-2002, 03:13 PM   #6
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

A friend with a linksys router has just told me a couple of things that he's found out when fxping. Whether this will help some of you I am not sure but try it:

(1) In site manager - enable the option 'Site Uses IP Masq/NAT/Non-Routable IP' on the options of the server that you are FXPing TO (Not from) and also enable the alternative FXP Method 'Uploading (PASV)' - although i'm not sure if the 2nd option is critical.

if that doesn't work try using the 'Send NO-OPs during transfer' option in the preferences 'Proxy / Firewall / Ident' screen.

if that still has the same problem - you can try adjusting the frequency of the no-ops being sent by adjusting the SKAI=60 setting in the FlashFXP.ini file in your program folder. As you can see mine is set at 60 (seconds) and I now have no problems fxping whatsoever.

Word of caution though - some ftps do not like the no-ops option so use with care. You could be banned for sending no-ops too frequently.

Lemme know if this solves anyones problem so I can feel satisfied

Del^
Old 11-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #7
grandad

Unhappy

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately they didnt work
this has me buggered I even went back to version1.2 but it made no difference. I am at a complete loss as to why it does this, it will transfer the SFV file ok then move onto file 1 but it will not move on from file 1.

grandad
Old 11-28-2002, 01:46 PM   #8
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

Is there a port timeout feature on that router you have. If so - alter it to a higher value - that might help.

If there isn't - contact their techincal support - they may have a solution.

Del^
Old 11-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
grandad

Hi Delerium69, thank you for your patience and help.

Well I have managed to get it to work, in a fashion. I can transfer files, it will say transfer complete but the aborts the transfer and logs out after each file, then log back into each ftp, it then skips the file it just transfered as its still in the que and moves onto the next file. this is still a pain if the ftps are really busy as it then takes ages to get back in.

I am sure it had something to do with what you suggested
I dont have an option for port timeout in my router and DLINK arent what you would call very good with support as I have asked them before and they didnt really have a clue. I have also checked for a firmware update but I already have the latest version.
I will play around with it again today and try to post the log hereif anyone is interested.

Thanks again for trying to help me with this problem

grandad
Old 11-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #10
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

I've had a similar problem where it logs out after file complete. I've no idea what caused it but what I do know is that I changed no settings and used a different site and that worked flawlessley. I think it has a fair bit to do with what FTP program the sites are using.

Del^
Old 12-12-2002, 07:14 AM   #11
aCe2k
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm all into that.
Really sounds like the ftp server software is screwed. There are only 4 server apps i know of that dont have any problems with anything atm.:

- glftpd (*nix)
- ioftpd (win32)
- Raidenftpd (win32)
- Bulletproff ftpd (G6) (win32)

Moving on to the issue with the router(s).
If the router doesn't have NAT setup options like Open Ports and Port redirection.. Sell the bugger on ebay or something... as it's almost worthless.

Delerium69:
As bigstar pointed out, there's only one Transfer Complete in that log you pasted... So i'd say that one of the servers don't support Noop commands when transfering. Have the server admins check their logs to locate and strange errors or cautions.

grandad:
Thanging client software ain't gonna do you no good. Same here, the problem is not you, but server software again at that other friends site.

Word of advise to all:
Server software sould be bougt instead of cracking some 30 trial app. Cracking is allways manipulating the application code, and will allways give you problems. With this i'll even hint you that both glftpd and ioftpd are atm. FREE for ALL (Open Source) but still in beta stage, but at least they work well.

Tip of the day:
For windows users and *nix users...
C:\> netstat
and
[root@host /] netstat

will give you established, open, closed, listening ports on the box. Use it to figure out/learn what's going on...
win32 users can add the /? to get more info and *nix users can use -h or --help flags for more info.

Eksample: netstat -na
returns local-ip;port external-ip;port/host condition(listening,open,closed...)
Old 12-12-2002, 04:51 PM   #12
grandad

Hi,
aCe2k, thanks for the reply, first off lets get one thing sorted out, the version I am using is legit not a cracked version.
I have managed to get it working in a fashion, it now transfers but it will time out after each file, then log out and back in again and then skip the file it just transfered (as its still listed in the que).
i also only get one transfer complete and not 2, I doubt it has anything to do with the other FTP as this happens to almost any ftp I try to fxp to and from and besides that it was working fine before, but just lately it has been doing this.
I have tried redirecting ports ect and also put the router into DMZ mode but it has made no difference at all.
Also I have done what Bigstar suggested and turned off send noops, it makes no difference.

grandad
Old 12-12-2002, 08:28 PM   #13
aCe2k
FlashFXP Registered User

Then i havn't got a clue

ps. i did say Server Software Cracked... not Client SW as 20% of the servers i know off is just that.. cracked :/
And those are the servers experiencing problems.. all kinds.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #14
grandad

Hi, so you did, my apologies, I should have read what I was looking at

I appreciate you trying to help

grandad
Old 12-15-2002, 09:23 PM   #15
aCe2k
FlashFXP Registered User

But still we havn't solved your problem...
Can you test with an other ftp client software and see if the problem is there to?

If so, we've ruled out FFXP
1 step at the time..

Tags
200, command, noop, successful, transfer