Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 10-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
cr0w

Default What's happening 'On Close'?

I’ll establish this post by saying first off I know that the problem at hand is not specifically related to the program per se, and thus it is a problem with my RAM.

I've attempted to use 901 (and I think I had tried RC2 as well, with the same result) but when I close the program I recieve the message:

The instruction at "0x1c001516" referenced memory at "0x01080010". The memory could not be "read".

Obviously this is a problem with my RAM, as I have similar problems with other programs too, but it seems that it is something in the program because I've had this problem with older versions of FlashFXP too, but when a new version came out the problem would cease (same with other programs with the same problem, version would change and problem would cease).

So I'm wondering what kind of instructions are given upon close of the program, if there is something that can be done in reference to the memory locations it accesses.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

On exit any memory that was allocated is freed.

If you're using the FlashFXP schedule and configure it to Exit on transfer complete there is a bug in v2.0 that will cause this type of error. We'll be releasing a fix shortly.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:56 AM   #3
cr0w

In fact, I don't do anything at all other than open the program, then close it. I don't connect to any servers, I don't even open any menu items, just simply open-->close-->error message.

Upon rebooting my computer and trying again, the memory location changes, but the "instruction at" is the same, if I only knew ASM to decompile it and see what the problem was

I hope the fix you release will do something for my problem as well, I was looking forward to 2.0
Old 10-18-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Here's a thought, re-download the flashfxp v2.0 setup (it's been updated since the original release) and install it into a new folder. see how that goes.

If that still doesn't solve your problem perhaps you should think about buying some new ram or reinstalling windows.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
cr0w

Same thing. And I reinstalled Windows earlier this week (had problem before and after the reinstall).

RAM..... I'll get to it someday, until then I'll just be sticking to 1.4.whatever

Thanks
Old 10-18-2002, 06:59 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You know I'm very surprised that v1.4 works and v2.0 doesn't.. v1.4 has very memory intensive anti-cracking protection.

But hey whatever works..

Tags
close, memory, problem, program, ram