Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 AM   #1
palmtree

Question Caculate queted file size

is it possible to have FlashFXP calculate the estimated size of files queted for downloads and/or uploads?

thanks,

palmtree
Old 11-24-2001, 09:38 AM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Lightbulb

When you say work out the size for items within the queue. Do you mean only files ? only dirs ? or what exactly within the queue.

If you mean files, it is possible to do this already, but if you mean dirs, this has been discussed a while ago and never was implimented.

To find out the size of the queue (files only) you can right click where the queue is and press queue info... or simply ctrl-i

Shark..
Old 11-24-2001, 11:42 AM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark
When you say work out the size for items within the queue. Do you mean only files ? only dirs ? or what exactly within the queue.

If you mean files, it is possible to do this already, but if you mean dirs, this has been discussed a while ago and never was implimented.

To find out the size of the queue (files only) you can right click where the queue is and press queue info... or simply ctrl-i

Shark..
It should be noted that ctrl-i only works if the queue-window is the active window (eg. by selecting an item in the queue). If you do ctrl-i in any of the site-windows, you'll end up inversing whatever selection is made in that window, as discussed in a thread in the bugs-section.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
palmtree

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark

Shark..
thanks. but the above answers only part of my question.

the below is my main concern.
let us assume there are 20 files queted for download. i want to know the total size of all 20 files, AND the first 5 files in the sequence, or the middle of 4 files, or the last 5 files in the sequence. according to the method above, certainly i will know the totlal size of all those 20 files. but i also want to know any arbitrary number of files in a long quete/sequence. i think this is important to me, because by being able to do so, i can tell in advance if the first 5 files already fill up my hd space.

thanks for your followup.

palmtree
Old 11-24-2001, 08:12 PM   #5
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by palmtree

thanks. but the above answers only part of my question.

the below is my main concern.
let us assume there are 20 files queted for download. i want to know the total size of all 20 files, AND the first 5 files in the sequence, or the middle of 4 files, or the last 5 files in the sequence. according to the method above, certainly i will know the totlal size of all those 20 files. but i also want to know any arbitrary number of files in a long quete/sequence. i think this is important to me, because by being able to do so, i can tell in advance if the first 5 files already fill up my hd space.

thanks for your followup.

palmtree
I see your concern, what you want is a continous update as you add to the queue. You do know that ffxp already has the ability to check free space before the next file in the queue is started, and stop if there's no room available? There's no guarrantee that there is enough room when the files are actually downloaded because there were when they were first queued. Just think of when you start more than one instance and download to the same disk. As it stands, a live check while downloading is probably still the best way to go.
Old 11-25-2001, 03:13 AM   #6
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Just check as your queing... or look at the size of the file & work out how much to remove... otherwise its just simply lazy ..

Shark
Old 11-25-2001, 08:18 AM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

You say that as if laziness was a bad thing, sharkie.

Tags
downloads, files, queted, size, uploads