Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 09-10-2002, 03:17 AM   #1
OdieGiblet

Question Syncing directory with thousands of files

I have an FTP server with 40,000 files and a couple thousand directories. I have a local copy of this that I maintain and change periodically. Can FlashFXP (or any other program) sync this for me quickly? I believe I'm going to need something that'll keep a local cache of what is located on the server. Other programs (BitBeamer, WS_FTP) have a sync option, but it goes through EVERY directory and lists the contents. This will take forever every time it's done, I only change 5% of the files each time.
If I can't find it here, tommorow I'm going to start coding it myself. =)
Old 09-10-2002, 04:56 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

flashfxp will also list each dir...
what you can do to speed up this whole process is you can queue up instead of root dir of your project, but some levels down. this can cut your transfer time ~50-80%
try some shareware/freeware download sites..i'm sure they have some dir sync soft. i haven't used any of those so i can't say if they are any good.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Wouldn't it be easy to just queue the files you know you've changed instead of uploading all the files?
sure it might be some work, but to me it sounds like a program don't have any other option but to check all dir/files to see if they've changed.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:14 PM   #4
OdieGiblet

Thing is that I have a program that creates HTML files in each of the thousands of directories. So it's impossible for me to queue up what has been changed manually. Every so often I do add another couple directories and I can queue those up manually. Perhaps I just need something that'll upload only *.html files.

Tags
change, directory, files, sync, time