Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 07-17-2002, 01:57 PM   #1
joelbb

Default Strange WinXP slowdown in local directory changes.

Hi all, this is a problem which has been driving me nuts. Flash will run fine for a while, but eventually when I try to change local directories, it will take like 10 seconds instead being more or less instant. The only cure is to end explorer and restart explorer, which generally fixes the problem. Flash is not the only program affected (also WinRAR) but is the most annoying. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or solutions.
TIA
Old 07-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #2
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

My system is up for a week now, and I have flashfxp running in the traybar since the last upgrade, and had no problems, ever. Sorry!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

i had this same problem awhile myself, but never got to the bottom of it as i upgraded the machine, which the OS was a new install again. But this problem has nothing to do with FlashFXP, which you also state you have the same problem with WinRAR also. I do remember this problem coming and going, was there 98% of time, but sometimes it went away for awhile.

Sorry can't be much help, as i said, i ended up upgrading, so i was never able to try and find out what was causing this. and by the way this was on WinXP PRO

Tags
end, explorer, flash, local, problem