Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 11-13-2001, 05:56 AM   #1
gluck

Lightbulb How to use ";" in raw and custom commands.

Everything is in the title, the ";" char is considered as a separator for multiple commands and is not included in the raw command (moreover it completly split the raw command).

I tried to backslah it, without success.

Any help greatly appreciated.

LtKer Gluckies
Old 11-13-2001, 06:02 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Did you also attempt to surround it all with "s?
Old 11-13-2001, 06:16 AM   #3
gluck

Default now i do

Ctrl+R (Raw Command):
mkd ";"

Result:

mkd "
550 ": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
"
500 '"': command not understood

Explanation:
In fact FlashFXP uses the ; as a command separator (only in raw command, I can create the directory named ';' with INS) so it splited my command into the 2 commands in bold ({mkd "} and {"} alone).

So if it was what you wanted me to try : it doesn't work either.

Further help ?
Old 11-13-2001, 07:09 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

try mkd "\;", or '\;', or even ;;
One should work.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:24 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

a ; character is not supported by custom commands, When a ; is encountered it is treated as a CR/LF.

The only possible way for us to support a ; character would be to completely rewrite the custom commands, At this time there is not enough interest to warrant such actions.
Old 11-13-2001, 05:10 PM   #6
gluck

Default sorry to hear

But it is often needed, not only by me, but lot of ppl I know, I have scripts that create directory structures using ; and I must use SmartFTP for these ...

Not very professionnal reaction. Don't expect me in your future buyers.

Best regards, so long...

Gluck
Old 11-13-2001, 09:22 PM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

what kind of scripts? pub scanning scripts that mess up misconfigured IIS servers and create directories that even admins can not delete?
there is absoluely no valid need to create dir w/ ; in it's name, especialy using a script.

what did you expect? drop everything and start fixing your problem?
bigstar said that there is no enough interest in this bug right now. it doesn't mean it won't be ever fixed.

and please don't scare us with your threat that you will be using another ftp client or you won't buy this one.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:32 AM   #8
gluck

Default lol

I didn't meant to scare you, sorry about that.

The scripts I talk about are perl script of my company under Linux that create directory trees using ";" as a separator in the directory names for differents datas (dates, id, names).
I haven't done them, just use them, and can't modify them of course. My point was not about "pub scanning" help, but about the fact that being a programmer, it's no more difficult to modify such thing in the code of FlashFXP than to post a reply on this board.

The whole world seems to think that FFXP is used only by hackers, hope my employers doesn't hear that soon ...
Old 11-14-2001, 07:39 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: lol

Quote:
Originally posted by gluck
I didn't meant to scare you, sorry about that.

The scripts I talk about are perl script of my company under Linux that create directory trees using ";" as a separator in the directory names for differents datas (dates, id, names).
I haven't done them, just use them, and can't modify them of course. My point was not about "pub scanning" help, but about the fact that being a programmer, it's no more difficult to modify such thing in the code of FlashFXP than to post a reply on this board.

The whole world seems to think that FFXP is used only by hackers, hope my employers doesn't hear that soon ...

If it were that easy we would have made the change but it's not, When a custom command contains a CR/LF (new line) it converted into a ";" so every multi-line custom command is seperated by a ";", In order to provide support for ";" the CR/LF conversion would need to be changed, lets say we change it to ":" In doing so everyones existing custom commands are now broken.

I've been wanting to change the custom command format for some time now, not only address this problem but also eliminate the 250 character length, however as stated above the majority of the FlashFXP users who have contacted me regarding this issue do not want to loose all their existing commands.

Tags
command, commands, completly, raw, split