Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 11-11-2001, 10:11 AM   #1
Linda Douglas
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Need help for password not required, please

I upload to a site that has my user name login, but there is no password. When I connect I get the pop-up window to enter the password. I click ok with nothing entered and I can connect. The problem is that when trying to reconnect and I am not here to click the pop-up, it does not reconnect.

Can anyone tell me how to tell FlashFxP that no password is required, so that it will reconnect without the pop-up? I have entered user name in Site Manager and left the password blank, but I still get the pop-up window.

Any help would be appreiated.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi, I've just tried it at home with my FTP server (Serv-U 3.0)
I created a user with blank password and I could enter whatever password I wanted and still log in since my FTP server ignores the password (since it's blank).

You could try if it works for you. Just enter a space into the password box in the site manager. Maybe it will work, maybe not.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:05 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That is the correct way to do it, simply enter anything as the password. Since the FTP server does not require a password the password you entered will never be used.
Old 11-11-2001, 04:28 PM   #4
Linda Douglas
FlashFXP Registered User

I tried putting several words in the password space in Site Manager. Everytime I try to login I get "Incorrect Password". I assume that the program is sending whatever I type in and the site expects it to be blank. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:52 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

what ftp server is that?
as far as i know any server that doesn't require valid password will accept anything else...
Old 11-11-2001, 07:23 PM   #6
Linda Douglas
FlashFXP Registered User

It is the FTP server at Streamload. I have sent an email and asked if they will just give me a password, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. I was just hoping there was a way to fix it from my end.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:53 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP will only send a password if the ftp server requests it, A ftp server that does not require a password does not request one.

If the ftp server is requesting a password then in my opinion it needs a password.

I am not familiar with Streamload perhaps their server is different, though if that's the case it's not standard.
Old 11-12-2001, 06:24 AM   #8
Linda Douglas
FlashFXP Registered User

Thank you for your help. I'll see if I can get Streamload to fix it from their end.

Tags
click, connect, password, pop-up, reconnect