Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 04-25-2002, 08:26 AM   #1
Tearom
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Site Connection Bug 846 & 847

I recently upgraded to version 846, and later 847, and began having a VERY strange problem. I can log onto a new ftp site and que files. once it begins the dl there is not a problem. if for any reason the connection is lost or i close the connection, resuming the que fails to log into the ftp site. I get an error 530 (typically bad password but has other meanings too).I can even goto the site manager, since I saved the site after the initial login and try connecting through that instead of resuming the que, and I get the same problem. Now I know you are thinking that the site is down or pswd has changed. not so...I can use quick connect and re-enter all the same site login info and get a clean fast connection. But, it starts all over again. I have resaved this sites info in site manager under 5 different names now and none of them are connectable once the connection is closed the 1st time. But I can ALWAYS connect if I re-enter everything manually. I am not sure what you need from me in the way of debug info but let me know and I will provide all needed info to try to dup this occurance. Thanks.

P.S. BTW, not sure it matters but it is using a redirect URL instead of an IP address. Though a private, uuummm, ftp I am willing to PM its info to you Bigstar if it will help in dupping the issue.

And YES, I read both the "Must Read" post and the previously reported post on saving bad passwords. 1) The must read asks for info that is pvt and will be PM'd on request and 2) the badd pswd save bug was supposedly fixed in 846 & 847 and that is the only 2 versions I have had this problem.

Windows XP Pro
Standard Cable Modem Connection.
PASV connection (tried it also under NAT and non-PASV with same result)
Old 04-25-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
Tearom
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Damn, I just located the problem I think. Not sure how it happened but the Bad Password issue made me think and remember that I have DeFXP on my machine. So.....I decide to take a look at my site.dat file and learn that all of my passwords are screwed. Now since these were all created under 846, this can only mean that 846 still had the bug. I just went back and double checked 847 and it is saving the passwords correctly. Now if I only had a tool that would clean up the bad saves...lol I know I will never find all the posts from the bad saves to reget the correct passwords.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It looks like I forgot to mention a bug fix in 847.

If you added a site from the quick connect to the site manager it mangled the password

Since the password was mangled the only way to fix the it is to re-enter it.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:13 PM   #4
Tearom
FlashFXP Beta Tester

ROFL......NOW! you tell us...hee And I spent so long typing up that report. Oh well, makes for a better product.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:27 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It completely slipped my mind.

Tags
connection, info, problem, read, site