Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 10-29-2001, 08:56 PM   #1
incy

Exclamation xdupe and another 'issue'

I'm having some issues with xdupe in the 1.4.800 version, it doesn't always catch up on the 'dupes', in the 1.3 I was using before it worked nicer, only very few times it didn't catch it, mostly because of lag or 0 seconds between, something like that, but now it misses it even if it's like 1-2 minutes ago, code changed about that? Using mode 3...

Another issue is... Sometimes when I download and press stop queue it just keeps continuing after current file etc is complete, errors like this, sometimes when I hit ABORT it doesn't catch it and just continues, it could be my hands spazzing but I don't know =)

I'm using Win 2000 Pro...
Old 10-29-2001, 11:02 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

xdupe is a complement to glftpd which provides the xdupe feature, as far as I know glftpd is the only ftp server which supports xdupe. It's up to the ftp server to list which files already exist. Are you enabling xdupe everytime you login?

Abort is a mystical thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It depends alot on the ftp server software and what is going on in that moment in time. Some servers will sometimes refuse to abort under certain situations. In those cases you will need to disconnect and reconnect.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:51 AM   #3
incy

Yeah I always do: site xdupe 3
Automatically on login, only acting like this after I changed to newest version, could also be because I changed to newer version of glftpd, but I'll talk to the guys there first then =)

About the aborts and stuff, the client is not even issuing the commands, it's like I never hit the buttons, but they change from PAUSE to START, but just still keeps going, if I can think of any pattern it's perhaps when having a big queue and it's moving real fast between the dirs, I don't know =)
Old 10-30-2001, 01:55 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Abort is intended to abort a data connection, either a file listing or file transfer. Pressing abort at any other time has no real effect.

If you want to stop the transfer queue then you need to press the 'Stop queue after current transfer button'
Old 10-30-2001, 03:33 AM   #5
incy

OK I must be kind of bad at explaining, but my point is that sometimes it doesn't abort when I'm transferring, and sometimes it aborts twice or alike.

Plus when I press Stop queue, then it sometimes just continues, with the scenario in the previous post, but it DOES switch buttons so Transfer Queue (green one) shows instead, but hitting it just to test have no effect, like clicking on a non-existant button, so when this happens I have to logoff the ftps and back on to start the transfer again, sometimes I even have to quit ffxp and try again because it screws up.

It's hard to explain, but I hope you atleast understand a bit now =)
Old 10-30-2001, 05:00 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by incy
OK I must be kind of bad at explaining, but my point is that sometimes it doesn't abort when I'm transferring, and sometimes it aborts twice or alike.
What type of transfer are you doing when you encounter this problem, uploading, downloading, or fxp?

Quote:
Plus when I press Stop queue, then it sometimes just continues, with the scenario in the previous post, but it DOES switch buttons so Transfer Queue (green one) shows instead, but hitting it just to test have no effect, like clicking on a non-existant button, so when this happens I have to logoff the ftps and back on to start the transfer again, sometimes I even have to quit ffxp and try again because it screws up.

It's hard to explain, but I hope you atleast understand a bit now =)
It was my understanding that this had been fixed in build 803, which build are you using? Have you tried build 808.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:09 AM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Default Re: xdupe and another 'issue'

Quote:
Originally posted by incy
I'm having some issues with xdupe in the 1.4.800 version, ...
It's always good to get the latest build available, and see if the problem is fixed before reporting it.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:57 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Ahh I missed that =)
Old 10-30-2001, 11:20 AM   #9
incy

Would be hell of a lot easier to use the newest build always if it was easy to find, nothing shows on Automatic Update, and download link neither, else I would... Tsk...
Old 10-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #10
incy

I even legally bought this damn best program ever, but damn hard to find the updates even as owner!
Old 10-30-2001, 11:26 AM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The LiveUpdate is limited to official releases..

The latest beta version can always be found in the public beta forum.

At this time we have no way of identifying registered users on the message board, perhaps in the future we can do that. If you would have emailed support and stated that you were a registered user you would have received priority support.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:48 PM   #12
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Heh. I think I was pretty fast.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:16 PM   #13
incy

OK I found the new beta now, I'll let you know if same things happen...

I'm positive I didn't see the new posts/betas, perhaps because I wasn't registered on board, but I got the new one now =)

I notice one new thing changed, previous version would just send a file even if it was listed but not existing anymore on remote, now it asks for what to do, previous did SIZE or something first to validate file actually still exist?

Tags
catch, file, issue, queue, xdupe