Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 02-20-2002, 01:13 PM   #1
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Crash Recovery does not work on Windows Startup

Firstly, I have a purchased version of FlashFXP (so it ISN'T cracked).

I have configured FlashFXP to load on Startup so that should Windows crash, once rebooted FlashFXP will load and display the recovered queue, so that I can then re-start the transfer.

However, this does not work. It loads up Flash as normal; but with no Crash Recovery. This is the same even if I add the command-line parameters for it to load in the tray: -tray .

I do have Crash Recovery turned on, and anytime I load up Flash manually, the Crash Recovery works great.

I am running Windows XP Pro, and Flash is run from the All Users Startup folder.

If a fix is implemented, I would like to request that when using the -tray parameters, the Crash Recovery screen will be on the desktop, even though Flash is in the tray. This way one can resume their transfers immediately upon rebooting.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:56 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

When FlashFXP is used with the -tray param the crash recovery dialog is not displayed, showing the crash recovery dialog would prevent the minimizing to tray.

As long as you do not pass a command line to FlashFXP, it should display the crash recovery window on startup in windows start up folder. I tested and confirmed that this works.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem; because I recently removed the -tray parameter but still did not get the dialog...

Regardless, I will try it without the parameter for a while longer, and report back if it does not perform as expected
Old 02-20-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you start FlashFXP manually does it appear? Perhaps you have it disabled. You can access it via the Queue menu | Restore Queue.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:44 PM   #5
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

If I start it manually, even by using the Startup folder shortcut, it appears no problem.

I also definitely have a queue to recover, as shows me the temp queues with F11.

I'm wondering if it depends on how many other applications are starting when you boot... Anyways, I will try it a few more times on this machine and see what happens
Old 02-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #6
Linkster
Administrator

Just out of curiosity, do you really crash often? i'm running XP Pro as well, and NEVER crash..NEVER NEVER NEVER! I have months of uptime. That being said, there would be no reason not to just start flashfxp normally...anyway, just my 2 cents..
Old 02-21-2002, 02:25 AM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

People that power down their PCs when not using them might want to start flashfxp automatically. The fact that Ethanol crashes "alot" may be related to use of beta- or non-signed drivers, incompatible DLLs or simply cranky hardware. My XPs crash two, three times a week.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:46 PM   #8
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Well that's the whole point of "Crash Recovery"!

When my computer starts back up, I wish to see the problem queue and restart it. If I didn't load it on Startup, then I often forget to restart my transfers.

I don't use it just when Windows crashes; I also use it when I perform a manual reboot half way through a transfer.

However, I have since tried it without the -tray, and on the several times I have rebooted it seems to be working great. Just thought it would be nice to have the Crash Recovery mode on Startup; alas BigStar has no plans for this.

I do install a lot of programs, and run a lot at the same time as well. The longest uptime I have had is about 4 days, by which time I need to reboot my machine for an installation of some sort or another.

Mathematically, assuming that Linkster had XP since the release date, he has only rebooted XP about 2 or 3 times...! I envy you

Tags
crash, flash, load, recovery, tray