Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 12-08-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
Whoppie
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Bug: Disconnecting after having started a queue hangs ffxp.

FlashFXP v2.1.924, Registered

Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [X] No, [ ] Not sure

Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Norton Internet Security], Ver. [2004 Professional Edition]

Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Norton Antivirus 2004 Professional Edition]

Network [X] xDSL (down:512/up:768)

The site is a simple Windows site, using Bulletproof (G6) as daemon. The site has a dynamic IP, hence an adress is used (dyn-dns).

Hope that about covers it all for now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh.. my question, which I cant seem to find any answer on nor can I find any previous post concerning this matter, might be a bug or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

After, upon startup of ffxp, having restored a queue which has been previously aborted I press the "Go" button to get the transfer starting. Now, its quite easy to detect if a site is down or not: either ffxp connects or it doesnt .

So, if ffxp cant connect (it says "Connecting to abcdefghijkl" and just waits there), I usually press the disconnect button. Here is the problem. When I press teh disconnect button, ffxp stops working correctly. I cant connect to another site, it wont even open the Quick Connect window.

This happens on both winxp and win98(se) and happens every time I do it in this order... Load queue, start transfer of queue, disconnect (when the site is apparently down).... ffxp hangs. I havent tried this with a site taht consists of an IP instead of an Dyn-DNS adress... yet.

Restart of ffxp is the only thing that helps, it wont even timeout correctly after the disconnection attempt.

Bug or feature?

Hi Charles!!! *hugs*

/Anna E.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello

I suspect Norton Internet Security (NIS) isn't configured properly. NIS was a real bugger when it came to allowing internet access to applications, often it would deny access even if they were configured to have access. upgrading to a newer build would automatically deny access and you would have to reconfigure NIS.

For awhile there back when I was using windows 2000 I was getting non-stop blue screens of death and I couldn't believe my new PC was so unstable. I removed NIS and the problem went away
Old 01-07-2004, 05:38 AM   #3
Whoppie
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi hon *hugs*
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Nice to see you're still alive and fit for fight

Yes, NIS was the problem. After uninstalling NIS, the problem disappeared.

/A.E

Tags
bug, ffxp, queue, site, [x]