Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 10-27-2003, 12:48 PM   #1
omehegan

Default Possible file deletion bug?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I have a user who is using FlashFXP 2.1. The other night he was downloading over FTP an entire docroot of one of our web sites. At some point during this process, the whole docroot disappeared from the server. His FTP log shows a series of successful transfers, and then suddenly a stream of "file not found" errors.

My FTP server logs (proftpd) do not show any files being deleted at this time, so it seems extremely unlikely that his client was the culprit. However, as far as I can tell, that is the only thing that was touching these files at this time. I'm wondering if, through some freakish set of circumstances, FlashFXP managed to delete a whole directory tree and have my FTP server miss it.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might have to offer. I'm really stumped.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:09 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

well, if your ftp server log does not show him deleting those files...and his own personal log does not show him deleting those files, i would be pretty sure that those files were deled not from the ftp session..

look into your filesystem logs, see which process accessed/deleted those files..

Tags
docroot, file, files, ftp, server