Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 10-19-2003, 04:53 AM   #1
Hawkeye

Default Minor site name bug

I am not certain if this has bene posted or not, but I did search this part of the forum for a little while to see if there was perhaps something posted about this before. I am also not certain if this is a bug or not, so please don't yell at me if it isn't, as I'm not 100% sure what is by design and what isn't.

I have discoved a small bug that shows up when you use a certain character in the Site Name in Site Manager. Here are the steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a new site in the Site Manager.
2. For the Site Name, enter an ampersand (&) anywhere in the name. Enter anything else for any of the other fields. Only the Site Name is in question for the bug.
3. Hit Apply to save it, and then try to connect to it.
4. Now disconnect.
5. Click on the Connect "lightning" button.
6. Now the bug appears. You can see that the ampersand from the Site Name field doesn't appear in the name of the site for reconnecting (which is the top option). Wherever that ampersand happened to be located, it will simply be ignored in the name after Reconnect:.

I had a site named 1&1 in Site Manager, and when I clicked on the Connect button to reconnect, the ampersand was gone from the name and it was left with the remaning two characters: 11.

I am using FlashFXP 2.1 build 294 on Windows XP.

I know this isn't a serious bug, if it is a bug at all, as the actual functionality of FlashFXP is in no way impaired by this, and I am able to connect to the site even by clicking on the newly truncated name when clicking on the Connect button without any problem at all. The only "problem" is simply the fact that the name doesn't appear correctly after Reconnect:. I have tried it with other characters, and it seems to work fine with them. Only the ampersand causes the bug. I can attach a screenshot to illustrate this, if necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I would like to let you know that I greatly admire your work on FlashFXP and how you have this forum setup for support with it. I am sure I speak on behalf of FlashFXP users everywhere when I say thank you for all the time and effort you put into making this program as great as it is.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:46 AM   #2
phyber
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

This is because ampersands (&) have a special meaning in menus, they create shortcut keys. If you look at the Reconnect option, the letter after the where the & should be, will be underlined. If it isn't, try hitting ALT since Windows XP now hides these shortcuts by default.
So, if you entered "My &Site" the reconnect would have it display "My Site", and hitting "S" would reconnect to the site, since that is the shortcut.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:51 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you, I will correct this in the next release

Tags
ampersand, bug, connect, flashfxp, site