Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 05-18-2003, 01:12 AM   #1
stranger_night

Default Weird Display Bug

Hmm, just wondering if this "bug" is really a bug or by design (see the attached picture). Just seems weird comparing it to most normal file browsers. Described in words, i made a test folder to test the bug. It had 4 files in it...
a10.rar
a11.rar
a101.rar
a102.rar
For some reason, when the folder is displayed in the left browser (pretty sure it occurs in the right hand side too), it displays as
a10.rar
a101.rar
a102.rar
a11.rar
Now is it just me, or is that weird?

FYI I'm using XP Pro, and 2.1 Build 922 Eval. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Weird Display Bug-flashfxp_bug-jpg  
Old 05-18-2003, 03:31 AM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I dont see the problem ? Maybe im blind..

If it is what I think you mean... 0 generally comes before 1.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

This is how Windows standardly displays numerically named files (so why change it?). It will not display them in the actual order of which they are in:

Code:
Instead, it will display them in the visual representation according to precidence:

Code:
Think of it in terms of columns:

First column is processed, regardless of the value of the next column. Therefore, any file with the value of "1" as the first character will be displayed first (in this case -- if there was a file that started with "0", it would be displayed first instead).

Then, it goes on to the second column and sees "0". It puts 10, 101, and 102 before 11 because the second character in the first three files is 0, and fourth file has 1 as it's second character.

Finally, it sees the third column. Because of the "1" in the second column (in the last filename) is the second character, it takes precedence over the filenames in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd files, regardless of how many characters they have.

This can also be compared to using decimals in numbers:

1.25 comes before 1.5 because it is smaller -- even though it is, visually, a longer string.

Finally, you could compare this to sorting words alphabetically. You always evaluate the first letter in a word before you go onto the next.

Tags
a10.rar, bug, folder, test, weird