Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 02-27-2002, 03:29 AM   #1
Elector

Unhappy Access violation at address 0043485D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'.

Sometimes I get this errormessage, when I move my mouse over the taskbar in Windows.

---
Access violation at address 0043485D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 03E4FFFE
An internal error has occurred.
---

And theese messages in the errorlog.txt file

---
27-02-2002 09:18:39
Version: 1.4.2 (build 831)
Compiled on: Jan 28, 2002
Object class: TApplication
Object Name:
Access violation at address 00434759 in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 03E4FFFE
---

And I get a LOT of them, at least 10 each second, when I keep holding the mouse over the taskbar.

As I mentioned above, it's only some times, that's the weird part. It's not when I'm connected to a certain site or anything, pretty random. And sometimes it just goes away again but other times I have to reboot to make it go away. :-(((

I realy hope someone here have a good solution for this.

PS. This was made with the "old" FlashFXP, I just tried the new one, and it's the same problem. :-(
Old 02-27-2002, 06:37 AM   #2
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

I can't really offer help myself, but I suggest you include your Operating System.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:35 AM   #3
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Access violation at address 0043485D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'.

Quote:
Originally posted by Elector
Sometimes I get this errormessage, when I move my mouse over the taskbar in Windows.

---
Access violation at address 0043485D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 03E4FFFE
An internal error has occurred.
---

---
27-02-2002 09:18:39
Version: 1.4.2 (build 831)
Compiled on: Jan 28, 2002
Object class: TApplication
Object Name:
Access violation at address 00434759 in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 03E4FFFE
---

And I get a LOT of them, at least 10 each second, when I keep holding the mouse over the taskbar.

PS. This was made with the "old" FlashFXP, I just tried the new one, and it's the same problem. :-(

A few clarifying questions.... is FFXP connected ? is it transferring ? is it trying to connect ? is it minimized ? is it in the tray ?... is there anything common when these errors happen ??

What OS you using ?

Are you using a cracked version ? do you have any virus scanners running ? is there any other software running in the back ground ?

Just anything else along those lines that you can think of ?
Old 02-27-2002, 09:19 AM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

I still occasionally get this same error under both windows 2000 and XP. I have found nothing that causes it, nor can it be reproduced..its totally random.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:36 PM   #5
Elector

Officialy registered FlashFXP = no crack...

Windows 2000 and XP, same problem.

Connected or not connected, same problem. Actualy it allways starts when I load FlashFXP, never happens when it's been running for a while.

Software running at same time, warries, but I've experienced it with all sorts of programs running and no other than the OS at all. Only thin I can come of, that isn't in the OS, is TightVNC (WinVNC clone) and the Bestcrypt filedisk I have most of my importaint stuff on (including FlashFXP). I guess Bestcrypt could be the problem, but since I never experienced any problems with it, except with FlashFXP, I doubt it!

I realy hope this helps, because I'm out of ideas.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:07 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Elector did you email me about this awhile back?, cos someone else emailed me about this problem and they too were using tinyVNC. Just trying to keep track of how many ppl are experiencing this problem.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:25 PM   #7
Linkster
Administrator

oh, and yup, i'm using winvnc too!
Old 03-02-2002, 01:20 PM   #8
Elector

Nope, I didn't mail you about it. I mailed about something else a while ago, but not related to this problem.

I've found out, that when the error occurs it doesn't help to shut down the client and start a new one right away. But when I wait a couple of minutes (havn't timed it) and start FlashFXP again, it works fine.
Dunno if it helps, but it's at least something.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:27 AM   #9
Python

I too am getting this same error .. it happens from time to time, totaly random and I have NO idea why that it ...
I'm using a trial version of FlashFXP and using Win2k.
This error has been with me for a while now ..

[11:24:47] Access violation at address 00434259 in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 032BFFFE
[11:24:47] An internal error has occurred.

It just keeps going and going .. there isn't anything I do that can stop it .. I tried closing the s/w but it just keeps going when I turn it back on .. only thing I didn't try is rebooting the puter. I've been running the s/w for two days without a problem .. but now it happens again

Ver. 1.4 815
Old 03-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #10
Elector

Default Possible solution

I've discovered that if I start a new client and then quit the old one (the one the is defective and spams the error messages) the new client doesn't produce theese error messages and it seems to work allright.

Furthermore since I did this, i havn't gotten any of those error messages, so mabye the problem is miraculously fixed??? I cross my fingers and hope it is. :-)
Old 03-11-2002, 11:35 AM   #11
Python

I'm sure it was just a coincidental thing, the "fix you had. I still would like to here more about this error if I'm going to think about buying this software.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #12
psuranyi
FlashFXP Registered User

I get the same error. It happens as a result of moving the mouse over the taskbar in Windows 2000 Professional.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:53 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

psuranyi which version/build of FlashFXP are you using?
Old 09-03-2002, 04:29 PM   #14
Lordy

Hello,

I'm a registered user of FlashFXP (I can't find that ID in the About Box, just my name...).

I am encountering the same problem so I thought I just post some information about my system here that might help you guys to track it down.

FlashFXP: 1.4.3 (Build 835)
WinVNC: 3.3.3 R9
BestCrypt: v7

The problem persists if I close WinVNC and if I dismount all BestCrypt drives.

I can minimize FlashFXP with Alt-TAB or via the minimize button as long as I don't touch the taskbar with my mouse. I haven't found any way to maximize FlashFXP after minimizing it.

I registered FlashFXP in May but the problem appeared later some time.

If you need further information feel free to drop me a note.

Regards,
Lordy
Old 09-03-2002, 04:42 PM   #15
Lordy

Just to let you know, I just upgraded to FlashFXP 2 RC2 which has none of the mentioned problems.

Regards,
Lordy

Tags
access, address, flashfxp.exe, module, violation