Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 10-25-2001, 02:01 PM   #1
micro
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Wierd error

25.10.2001 20:55:46
Version: 1.4 (build 800)
Compiled on: Sep 18, 2001
Object class: TFrmMain
Object Name: FrmMain
Icon image is not valid

25.10.2001 20:55:49
Version: 1.4 (build 800)
Compiled on: Sep 18, 2001
Object class: TFrmMain
Object Name: FrmMain
Access violation at address 0050628D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 00000002

coming from the errorlog.txt. Machine is running XP. When this error appears ffxp wont perform any connections to sites at all. Sometimes it appear and sometimes not. I cant see that i have anything running which should interrupt it in any way either.

Ofcourse copy is a registered version. First error is when initially booting ffxp and second one appears when trying to connect to a ftp.

Thnx in advance for any help.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
Fused

I've noticed Flash wont connect to anything at all a couple times too, exiting and restarting has fixed it.

Wonder if thats the cause, never bothered to check the error.log, I'm using XP too.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:45 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have sent you an email with further information.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:29 PM   #4
istrebitjel

Unhappy

Hi,
I got exactly the same error (also on XP). FlashFXP hangs so bad, that it won't even react to exit-messages.

The strange thing is, that it works perfectly on my other XP machine....

I tried Compitability mode and an older Version of FlashFXP....all the same.

Errors from Status Window:
An internal error has occurred.
Icon image is not valid
WinSock 2.0
Access violation at address 0050628D in module 'FlashFXP.exe'. Read of address 00000002

Contents of errorlog.txt are the same as above with micro. Microsoft always wants a copy of FlashFXP, when it hard aborts *g

Regards,
Marco

PS: Just tried beta v1.4 build 810 - same error
PPS: Debug.out is on its way - thanks for the quick support!
--------------------------------------------------------------
tIRED oF wRITING lIKE tHIS? There are measures against cAPS lOCK: http://www.ma-de.de/scm/
Old 11-01-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have attached a extended debug version of FlashFXP build 810

This is an extended debug release of FlashFXP.

This release is not intended for normal usage and should only be used when a problem is known and more information is needed to isolate the problem.

A debug.log will be created in your FlashFXP folder. Once you have been able to reproduce the problem, send an email to support@flashfxp.com and attach a copy of your debug.log.

Thank You,
Charles DeWeese

Unless you are encounting a specific problem that is constantly reproduced DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS ZIP.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:49 PM   #6
jayhawk

Default WINSOCK 2.0 access violation - an internal error has occured

Icon image is not valid
WinSock 2.0
------
is there a fix for this? winsock does not have a problem, and other ftp programs / cmd ftp still functional.

im running windows xp pro-

i've attempted reinstalling flash fxp- to no avail-
Old 11-07-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Illegal copies of ffxp can display this behaviour.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:17 PM   #8
jayhawk

Default Problems

How would it be an illegal copy if reinstalling did the same thing, even if it was cracked, which it's not- removing the program or installing to another drive/folder, should not have the same affects- as it is a different executable.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:33 PM   #9
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Well, let's do this by the spoonfulls. If there's been a pirated version on the machine in the past, you risk getting the same stuff.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:00 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Ok guys calm down.. No one appears to be using a pirated copy..

The error you have encounted appears to be specific to WinXP, most users do not encounter the problem, while a few people have emailed me about it.

I don't know exactly what causes it but I suspect it has to do with a custom WinXP setting that is normally not set by default. The actual error is specific to windows explorer shell icons. I have tried using custom icon sizes and that doesn't appear result in this error.

Can you think of anything special about your WinXP configuration that might explain the problem?
Old 11-07-2001, 02:00 PM   #11
jayhawk

Default thanks-

let's assume for 3 seconds that everyone that uses this program doesn't use a pirated copy, let's also get crazy and attempt to grasp the fact that not everyone that posts here is a complete moron.

with that said:

I have removed every entry remotely related to this program from the registry, then reinstalled it. only to find the same error.

If this forum is not to help people and better the product? what is it for?
Old 11-07-2001, 02:05 PM   #12
jayhawk

it was working fine- i don't believe i've made any changes specifically that would harm the installation.

I have the trial version running fine on my box at work which is also running windows xp-

I don't think it is specific to xp - but i would think uninstalling- reinstalling or moving a working copy from another location would work
Old 11-07-2001, 02:09 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Fusion
Illegal copies of ffxp can display this behaviour.
Actually they don't. This is an actual real life bug.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:17 PM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by jayhawk
it was working fine- i don't believe i've made any changes specifically that would harm the installation.

I have the trial version running fine on my box at work which is also running windows xp-

I don't think it is specific to xp - but i would think uninstalling- reinstalling or moving a working copy from another location would work
All my current reports appear to be WinXP specific, which is why I am asuming that. Perhaps sometime down the road that may change.

Let me be a bit more clear.

The error is generated when FlashFXP attempts to make a copy of the windows explorer image list (shell icons) so it can display the icons within FlashFXP, somewhere along the way it errors.

The error as we know it is 'Icon image is not valid' which would lead me to believe the user was using a non-standard icon size which results in an error, however when I changed my settings to use some other size it did not result in an error.

Maybe it has to do with icons w/ alpha channels. I don't know.

There are no setting in FlashFXP that will solve the error, No matter where you have FlashFXP installed it will still error because the FlashFXP settings are not causing the error. The error is being caused by a windows XP setting.

most information will be posted when it becomes available.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:30 PM   #15
jayhawk

is it possible to copy the shell icons from 2000 to the fxp folder- and have ffxp look specificly within it's own folder for them? rather than searching for the default shell icons?

Tags
address, error, image, object, version