Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1612

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1612
  1. It has come to my attention that quite a few users have default selective transfer rules that are incorrectly configured, in the previous build I fixed a major issue with selective transfers rules, now a new issue appeared. Though not your typical bug, some users have their default action set to skip with an empty mask list. An empty mask list is treated as a wild-card for matching everything, so when the action is set to skip nothing is transferred. I have changed the rules just for the default rule set by requiring a mask to be set to make the rule set valid, otherwise the actions are disabled.
  2. When connecting via the quick connect a unique ID is typically assigned to the entry, however it has come to my attention that this ID is not always generated or is reset when connecting to the site at a later time. This ID is used for pairing sites with queue files and without it the queue doesn't know what site to use to transfer the files. I've reworked the code to ensure that this ID is always created and never changed if it exists.
FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1611
  1. Revised SFTP character encoding auto detection section. If the SFTP version is 3 or below we now default to ANSI to maintain compatibility and consistency with previous versions of FlashFXP.
  2. Fixed > Queue List > Move to Top. This feature didn't function as intended when a transfer is in progress.
  3. Fixed > Local Browser > Several minor bugs.
  4. Fixed > Selective transfer rules were broken in prior releases. Looks like a wildcard landed on my keyboard and invalided it.
  5. Fixed > FTP-SSL > x509 certificates for login authentication are now working properly. Tested with ProFTPD 1.3.3e (If using TLSOptions AllowDotLogin a password is not needed, however FlashFXP will prompt you for one if you leave it blank, so just enter anything in this field.)
  6. Fixed > x509 certificate generation > Our internal x509 routines were failing to generate proper x509 certificates.
  7. Fixed > FTP-SSL > x509 client certificates weren't being loaded properly by OpenSSL depending on the PEM format.
  8. Added > SSH protocol > when the connection is closed by server, the reason is now displayed in the status window.
Update available via LiveUpdate

Known issues:
We are not aware of any other issues or problems, Please let us know if you find something and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Last edited by bigstar; 07-16-2011 at 08:08 PM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

In build 1611, this is the error the occurs, even in the first session (let alone the 2nd)

(image removed after review)

Last edited by bigstar; 07-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
frostyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The site is in your connection history but is it still in your quick connect list?

Sadly without a copy of your quick connect data file and queue file I will not be able debug this issue further.

I spent quite a bit of time earlier attempting to reproduce this issue but was unsuccessful.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

which files do u require?

i wont post them on a public board but i am happy to email them

also were u able to introduce a toggle sort from most recent "fqf" at the top of the queue list instead of at the bottom and vice versa
Old 07-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

From your data folder the quick.dat file and then the fqf queue file that is failing.

We could probably introduce some type of click-able header to toggle the sort order. This has never been suggested before, though it makes sense to have it.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I e-mailed them <removed by admin>

You may know this already but these were located in c:\users\xyz\appdata\roaming\flashfxp\4 and not in C:\program files\flashfxp 4\
Kindly remove them when finished testing

Yes the clickable header would be nice... if i have a lot of queue files i like to have the recent ones on top and not scroll down ...... it's the small things that count and this can be just like the icing on the cake

many thanks for making flashfxp the best FTP client there is

Last edited by bigstar; 07-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
chrisi1909

I have a error in the Menus of a Server.
Clicking side by side is o.k, but fron the lower to upper ist
jumping back always. See Video.

Last edited by chrisi1909; 07-19-2011 at 11:19 AM.
chrisi1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #8
cjlive
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm not sure if this issue is just happening with me. Last 6 updates give me an error during update and ask me to do a manual update.

Tonight build 1612 gave me same error. Plus when i ran it manually it wasn't able to update pumping out 3 errors regarding the files already exist and did the roll back thing. The roll back deleted an unknown number of files causing the installation to fail. The existing installation also was unable to run.

The 1612 build when run again went through the normal first install thing.

Errors pop up and is failed to read them quick enough and of cause it was unable to replicate.

I haven't come across this during others installs of late so it may be a new under lying issue thats popped up on my system.

Next update i'll punch through it slower for some screenies

Cheers,
Chris

* FlashFXP v[4].[2].[0], b[1737], registered
* Windows 7 64bit
* Billion Modem 7800N
* ADSL2+ Network 20,000 / 1,000 Kbps
cjlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisi1909 View Post
I have a error in the Menus of a Server.
Clicking side by side is o.k, but fron the lower to upper ist
jumping back always. See Video.
Thank you for your bug report, I have confirmed this issue.

This issue is caused by the multi-line tab set, the one thing I didn't even think to test. DOH! This is based on the length of the text in the tab and the font used, sadly my dev machine fit everything on one line so it wasn't noticed.

I am working on a fix for the next release, I hope to have it out sometime today.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlive View Post
I'm not sure if this issue is just happening with me. Last 6 updates give me an error during update and ask me to do a manual update.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am going to update the update launcher stub for FlashFXP to include the actual error returned by windows along with the error description.

When the installer is launched it first attempts to run it via CreateProcess() API, if this fails with an "Error 740 The Requested Operation Requires Elevation" it tries again using the ShellExecuteEX() API, if this fails then a error message box is displayed instructing the user to run the installer manually.

I'm not sure if the installer is returning an error code on exit or if the API is failing but by displaying the actual error message to the error message box we'll be able to determine the exact reason for the failure.

This change will be included in the next build.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
chrisi1909

Wow, that was a quick fix !
Thanks for that super fast response.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisi1909 View Post
Wow, that was a quick fix !
Thanks for that super fast response.
Isn't it time for you to buy FlashFXP? You've been using it for at least a year and you are still unregistered.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #13
chrisi1909

Me ??
I have a registered Version...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #14
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

then perhaps you should update your profile to show that you are registered

Tags
fixed, flashfxp, set, sftp, x509