Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
random1

Default Slow download speed with SFTP

Im getting really slow download speed using sftp... If i switch to normal ftp and have active mode on i get full speed, but if i use passive mode on normal ftp i get bad speeds again...

Is there a way to use active mode on sftp? or is it something else that I can change to get full speed with sftp?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Which build are you using? Build 1488 contains several improvements to SFTP file transfers.

SFTP doesn't have passive/active modes like FTP, it uses a single connection for sending commands and transferring data. SFTP takes a different approach to file transfers than FTP and these differences make SFTP transfers much slower than FTP.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
random1

I changed to build 1488 now and got about 200kb/s better transfer speed, but still not max speed.

I have been trying another ftp client wich also supports sftp and im getting full speed with that client... but i like flashfxp more so hopefully there is a way to improve the sftp functionallity or something...
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have been working with a couple beta testers on this issue but I've hit a road block with my test SFTP servers, as I am maxing out my internet connection capacity with them, in addition to seeing identical or better results compared to other SFTP clients.

I'm not sure if the bottleneck you are experiencing is SFTP brand or configuration specific, with many different servers and endless different configurations its hard to say.

I am currently asking people for test SFTP accounts if possible where the problem exists to see if I can reproduce it and determine the exact cause. If this is something you can help with, please send me a private message.

Tags
download, ftp, mode, sftp, speed