Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
AlphaZulu
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Really?

Really,
Still no multi-thread, even in version 4? Or am I missing something..?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you mean multiple simultaneous transfers then no, FlashFXP however is multi-threaded.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
AlphaZulu
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
If you mean multiple simultaneous transfers then no, FlashFXP however is multi-threaded.
Thank you for your quick response.. Are there any plans to add it?+

Your command line interface is fantastic, but without multi-thread transfer it leaves me stuck in the water...
Old 09-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

it is on our todo list but it wont make it into v4.x, as v4.0 is currently in a feature freeze.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #5
Kampp
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
it is on our todo list but it wont make it into v4.x, as v4.0 is currently in a feature freeze.
That my friend is just scary! This is the single most important feature lacking if comparing to the free FileZilla. A simple comparison table will show they are better as long as this is not a feature.

Because of this feature not being in FlashFXP I am forced to use both programs. So when ever I have something important that needs to be done fast I am forced to use FileZilla as it uploads 5 times faster (that’s a lot when it comes to what I FTP).

Even setting up a new account in FileZilla and managing sites in such a situation is worth the time as the job will still be transferred faster.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Our up coming v4.0 release has hundreds of changes and improvements.

I understand that may be your opinion and others may feel the same way, we take all of our customers into consideration when prioritizing which features get added.

Many of our most requested features were added in 4.0

1. SFTP support.
2. Improved multi-language support.
3. Improved file transfer rules with date/time and/or size comparisons.
4. An integrated task scheduling system with email notifications.

to name a few
Old 11-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
AlphaZulu
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampp View Post
That my friend is just scary! This is the single most important feature lacking if comparing to the free FileZilla. A simple comparison table will show they are better as long as this is not a feature.

Because of this feature not being in FlashFXP I am forced to use both programs. So when ever I have something important that needs to be done fast I am forced to use FileZilla as it uploads 5 times faster (that’s a lot when it comes to what I FTP).

Even setting up a new account in FileZilla and managing sites in such a situation is worth the time as the job will still be transferred faster.
I agree 100% +1
Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
StNick
FlashFXP Registered User

Whilst I am sure the devs have enough users barking in their ears about the lack of concurrent transfers, I just want to put up my hand and say that I too find this feature SORELY missing from my favourite FTP client.

Here in South Africa, there is a strange 1mbps limitation on single threads. As a result, the ONLY way I can get the most out of my 4mbps DSL is to run concurrent transfers, and that means that my ONLY option remains FileZilla. Unless of course I decide to purchase another FTP client. I've been holding out on FlashFXP to bring this feature to the table for literally YEARS now... PLEASE can we have it in the next version?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

well, it's not your "only" option. you could easily open multiple instances of flashfxp

Tags
missing, multi-thread, version