Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 1 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 1.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default Queue time

Where does this info come from?

I ask as the estimated times appear to be way off.
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,839
Default

estimate based on the time it took to transfer previous file.
__________________
[Sig removed by Administrator: Signature can not exceed 20GB]
MxxCon is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
estimate based on the time it took to transfer previous file.
Ok then something isn't working properly. As an example, 4 files of approx 100 megs each, 1st file took approx 7 mins to transfer yet queue time still says over 5 hours left on queue.
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Actually

The queue time is estimated based on the combined size of the remaining files in the queue, the avg transfer speed over the last 2 minutes, the latency (the length of time to send a command a receive a reply) times the number of items in the queue.

If your average speed is 20 KB/s, you have 100 files each 100KB, and you have a latency of 2 seconds.

Seconds remaining = 100KB * 100 files + (100 * 2) / 20KB/s

Which specific build are you using?
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Actually

The queue time is estimated based on the combined size of the remaining files in the queue, the avg transfer speed over the last 2 minutes, the latency (the length of time to send a command a receive a reply) times the number of items in the queue.

If your average speed is 20 KB/s, you have 100 files each 100KB, and you have a latency of 2 seconds.

Seconds remaining = 100KB * 100 files + (100 * 2) / 20KB/s

Which specific build are you using?
Build 1467
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Please upgrade to a newer build and this issue should be resolved.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Please upgrade to a newer build and this issue should be resolved.
There is a newer Beta build than this?

It keeps telling me at startup that this is the newest build and no update is available.
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

That is the latest public beta, there are newer builds but it needs to be manually downloaded from our website https://secure.flashfxp.com/portal/?action=downloads

I tested build 1467 and I was not able to reproduce this problem you experienced, There was an issue with the estimated queue time in earlier builds and I thought the build you were using contained the bug.

Does restarting FlashFXP resolve the issue?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
That is the latest public beta, there are newer builds but it needs to be manually downloaded from our website https://secure.flashfxp.com/portal/?action=downloads

I tested build 1467 and I was not able to reproduce this problem you experienced, There was an issue with the estimated queue time in earlier builds and I thought the build you were using contained the bug.

Does restarting FlashFXP resolve the issue?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

Restarting does not appear to help.

Yes it happens often.
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Please try the latest beta from the link I listed above and let me.

I also forgot to ask what type of transfer are you doing upload or download?
is it a FTP or SFTP server?
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Please try the latest beta from the link I listed above and let me.

I also forgot to ask what type of transfer are you doing upload or download?
is it a FTP or SFTP server?
It was uploads via ftp.

I shall try the newest.
SnoBrdr is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Please try the latest beta from the link I listed above and let me.

I also forgot to ask what type of transfer are you doing upload or download?
is it a FTP or SFTP server?
Appears the newest build has fixed the issue, still testing.
SnoBrdr is offline  
 

Tags
estimated, info, queue, time, times

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)