Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions FlashFXP 3.0 RC 3 Suggestions

Old 06-07-2004, 03:57 AM   #1
ringgh0st

Default Feature Request: mIRC Plugin ;-)

i love the "/me now plays" winampplugin for mIRC.

Is there a possibility to implement this to ffxp?

kindo' "/me is leeching Releasedir"
Old 06-07-2004, 04:22 AM   #2
Joker

and if you are going to implement so why not do it like ultrafxp had? such as /fxp commands.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:13 AM   #3
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hmm, at first thought i am against something like this being built in. If your .dat files are not encrypted, you can already get most of the information you may want to display that way. I think any type of built in mirc interaction would be far too easily abused and open unwanted exploits in the program. There are enough bs irc based viruses/trojans without making it easy for such to obtain more important information.

However, as some kind of alternative, perhaps an event feature that could send information (scriptable such as the way the tool tip for the tray icon works) to a local DDE server on certain events (such as file transfer complete, queue transfer complete, failed file/queue information etc). I think if anything like this was to be implemented using DDE would be much more secure, mIRC is fully capable of running and interacting with other programs through the use of its internet dde server.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:23 AM   #4
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ok, after posting that i was thinking the best way would be to write your own, or find an already written, mIRC dll for doing this. Because at the end of the day i still highly against any sort of integration in ffxp itself with this. I did a quick search and found a couple of pooly made ones, so have a look im sure you could find them too. Then i went to the ultrafxp website, as i was curious about the method they used for this.. it just so happens all they did was write a simple mirc dll, so the is not at all integrated into the program. Infact i wouldn't be suprised if the dll ufxp uses was infact written by a third party initially.

Tags
/me, leeching, mirc, possibility, releasedir