Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports FlashFXP 3.0 RC 3 Bug Reports

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
Makc666
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Makc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MSK-RU
Posts: 79
Default Send Keep Alive command - LIST and refresh - two options with the same result

In FlashFXP "Options" -> "Preferences"

There is "Send Keep Alive command"

There are options:
NOOP
PWD
LIST
CWD .
refresh

But LIST and refresh have the same result:
LIST -al

1st, the BUG is that there are two options with the same result.
2nd, in all FTP browsers "command" is used itself in discrubing Send Keep Alive and not any words such as "refresh".

Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Send Keep Alive command - LIST and refresh - two options with the same result-flashfxp-list-refresh-png  
Makc666 is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #2
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,430
Default

I haven't tried it but i guess 'refresh' sends 'STAT -l' when this option is enabled in the site preferences.
By the way, why are so many commands available which are a bit more cpu consuming (on server side) than the NOOP command that is only supposed to reset the idle timer ?
Harm is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Makc666
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Makc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MSK-RU
Posts: 79
Default

Reread my post!
I said both of them send LIST -al

As for "sends 'STAT -l' when this option is enabled in the site preferences".

No. "Use 'stat -l' to list directory..." doesn't influence it any way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harm
I haven't tried it but i guess 'refresh' sends 'STAT -l' when this option is enabled in the site preferences.
By the way, why are so many commands available which are a bit more cpu consuming (on server side) than the NOOP command that is only supposed to reset the idle timer ?
Makc666 is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 04:31 PM   #4
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,430
Default

The arguments used with the LIST command are most probably influenced by the list method you have chosen ("Options" > "Preferences" > "Advanced").
Regarding the fact 'refresh' doesn't send 'STAT -l' but 'LIST -al' when the site preferences are set to use 'STAT -l', i would consider that as a bug.
Harm is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #5
Makc666
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Makc666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MSK-RU
Posts: 79
Default

"Options" > "Preferences" > "Advanced" > List Method

If I set "Default" - then 'LIST' is used both for LIST and refresh.

If I set "Show hidden files" - then 'LIST -al' is used both for LIST and refresh.

So I make a conclusion it is a BUG.

P.S. "Use 'stat -l' to list directory..." in Site Manager doesn't influence them any way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harm
The arguments used with the LIST command are most probably influenced by the list method you have chosen ("Options" > "Preferences" > "Advanced").
Regarding the fact 'refresh' doesn't send 'STAT -l' but 'LIST -al' when the site preferences are set to use 'STAT -l', i would consider that as a bug.
Makc666 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:31 AM   #6
miki75
Senior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
miki75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lombardia / Varese
Posts: 167
Default

I think you have right Makc666 ...

But this "problem" there is in the 2.1 version, it's not a 3.0 BUG.
I don't know the exact function of refresh because I never used it
I have always used the NOOP command

miki75
miki75 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
But LIST and refresh have the same result:
LIST -al

1st, the BUG is that there are two options with the same result.
2nd, in all FTP browsers "command" is used itself in discrubing Send Keep Alive and not any words such as "refresh".
The difference between "List" and "refresh" is that refresh updates the file list display. "List" is sent in the background and the listing result is disgarded.

in v3.0 "List" and "refresh" do not use "stat -al" if selected because "stat -al" does not effectively reset the idle counter on most ftp servers.
bigstar is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #8
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,430
Default

Thank you for clearing it up.
Harm is offline  
 

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, list, options, refresh

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)