Old 07-15-2002, 04:15 AM   #1
Flow
Senior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 306
Unhappy Xfer - Progressbar ?

Did i dreamed about progressbar during xfer ??

Was it ever thare from the beginning ? ... When do xfer it dont show. When do ftp to local it shows...

Hmm..
Flow is offline  
Old 07-15-2002, 05:31 AM   #2
PeNGuiN
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 69
Default

If you're doing FXP transfers, there is no way show a progress bar.
PeNGuiN is offline  
Old 07-15-2002, 02:12 PM   #3
vod
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PeNGuiN
If you're doing FXP transfers, there is no way show a progress bar.
True, not an accurate one exatly, but flash estimates the time using what the previous transfers have been...personally id like to see what speed flash is guessing the speed is going (so i dont have to scroll up the status window to find out...), and a estimated progress bar would be usefull i think.
vod is offline  
Old 07-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
PeNGuiN
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 69
Wink

vod, what I do is let FlashFXP's 'titlebar' show the time remaining; it works just as well, even though you don't see the speed
PeNGuiN is offline  
Old 07-15-2002, 06:04 PM   #5
floris
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 65
Default Re: Xfer - Progressbar ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Flow
Did i dreamed about progressbar during xfer ??

Was it ever thare from the beginning ? ... When do xfer it dont show. When do ftp to local it shows...

Hmm..
Because it is really hard to 'estimate' the speed, it could go down during transfers, meaning a progress bar could end with 120% instead of 100% This will happen because the only info it has, is from previous downloads. That is with FXP's the time remaining might differ and jump at times.
floris is offline  
Old 07-16-2002, 09:36 AM   #6
vod
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 84
Default Re: Re: Xfer - Progressbar ?

Quote:
Originally posted by floris
Because it is really hard to 'estimate' the speed, it could go down during transfers, meaning a progress bar could end with 120% instead of 100% This will happen because the only info it has, is from previous downloads. That is with FXP's the time remaining might differ and jump at times.
No, you do the exact same thing flash does now, when it gets to 100% you put up ??? since at that point its unknown....flash currently does this with estimated time remaining, its just a diffrent output method for the estimate (bytes vs time).
vod is offline  
 

Tags
ftp, hmm, progressbar, show, xfer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)