Old 08-30-2002, 10:15 AM   #1
mafiamember

Default Bug DL'ing files.

150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for *****.r41 (15000000 bytes).
226- [Ul: ***] [Dl: ***] [Speed: 268.19K/s] [Free: ***MB]
226 [Section: DEFAULT] [Credits: ***MB] [Ratio: 1:3]
Transferred: *****.r41 14_994_160 bytes in 54,85 (266,97 KBps)

This happens regulary for me when I DL files to my own computer. As you can see FXP doesn't transfer the whole file, 14 994 160 instead of 15 000 000. To complete the DL I have to resume the file. 10 % of the queue is affected. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I'm using ZoneAlarm 3 and I just have a suspicion that ZA is to blame here. It has not happend when I FXP site-to-site just when I do site-to-MyComputer.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
mafiamember

I've done some further testing and I can confirm that it is Zone Alarm 3 which causes the problem. I just DL'ed one movie (87 files) with the firewall enabled and got 13 errors. I then turned of the firewall and DL'ed the same movie again and got 0 errors. Please take a look at this.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have read so many horror stories from people using ZoneAlarm, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. The only people who can resolve the problem are the ones who created ZoneAlarm.

ZoneAlarm has had problems for ages, We know it, They know it, and now you know it.
Old 08-31-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
JimUK
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by mafiamember
I've done some further testing and I can confirm that it is Zone Alarm 3 which causes the problem. I just DL'ed one movie (87 files) with the firewall enabled and got 13 errors. I then turned of the firewall and DL'ed the same movie again and got 0 errors. Please take a look at this.
This does not confirm to me that the problem is soley ZoneAlarm. Just because disabling ZoneAlarm makes it work, it doesn't mean the problem is soley & strictly with ZoneAlarm.

Check this thread which I started and supply and feedback on your problems if you can: http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=1738

Tags
000, bytes, file, files, fxp