Old 08-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
weirdlab

Default Files system

I have a problem with the way Flashfxp locks local folders.

I have visited a folder and left it.
Now I want to rename that folder from my desktop (not from within Flashfxp) and I can't. WinXP complains that the folder is locked. I have to quit to do the desired operation and most of the time when I quit at that moment FlashFXP just crashes.

Using build 869.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:46 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP doesn't lock folders.

Windows is able to determine which files/folders are being accessed and will prevent you from renaming/deleting if there might be a problem.

I did some testing under windows 2000 Pro and I was unable to reproduce the problem. In most tests I was even able to rename the folder while FlashFXP was still in it. Perhaps the results under WinXP are different, I am unable to test that at this time.

The local view shell is more complex then it appears, any shell extensions you have installed are executed/active within FlashFXP, it is possible that one of these shell extensions is acessing the file/folder even after FlashFXP has left.

Tags
desired, flashfxp, folder, operation, quit