Old 08-15-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
LoKiDarkGod

Default bug in resuming files?

I'm using the latest version (build 869) and I've noticed a bug in resuming. I have it set to use APPE to resume uploads, and whenever a file is resumed, it apparently fails CRC checking, the rar file is corrupt. It hasn't been a random thing either, it seems everytime a file is resumed, it fails the SFV check.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
LoKiDarkGod

*BUMP*

41 views of this thread and no one has anything to say? has no one had this problem?
Old 08-22-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if i'm not mistaken appe should really be used only with warftpd servers cuase they are messed up in this area..i'm not sure how it would affect other ftpd, personally i never use it.

also make sure you are transfering files as TYPE I and not TYPE A.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:16 PM   #4
PeNGuiN
FlashFXP Beta Tester

LoKi, you're most likely trying to resume a file on a glftpd server or another server that supports 'on-the-fly' CRC32 generation. The CRC32 is only calculated over the 'uploaded' data (only the resumed part!), therefore you're getting an SFV error...
Old 08-22-2002, 08:26 PM   #5
LoKiDarkGod

no its not that the script says it's bad.. When I fxp a file, and it it resumed, for whatever reason, when the file finished (15,000,000) it's corrupt. I've tried a standalone SFV checker, as well as tried to extract it with winrar, and both say it's corrupt. I have tried turning off APPE to see if it fixes the problem, will keep ya's posted on results. Also, I have made sure that the files aren't being transfered as ASCII (TYPE A), that was one of the first things I looked at.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:28 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Any reason why you're not using REST? does it mess up using REST too?
Old 08-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #7
LoKiDarkGod

I was originally using APPE due to an issue with one of the sites I was using, but since the issue was resolved, it just became second nature really. I have tried turning it off, and will keep you apprised after a few trials over various sites.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
LoKiDarkGod

well good news.. it doesn't appear to cause corrupt files when using REST instead of APPE. I will continue with APPE turned off, but maybe you might look into why APPE can cause invalid CRC's on files, incase someone else might need it to be turned on.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm glad to see REST is working.

APPE and REST worked fine on all of my ftp servers, I suspected the problem was caused by the ftp server.

From my point of view there isn't anything more I can do.

Tags
bug, fails, file, resumed, resuming