Old 08-14-2002, 01:08 PM   #1
vod
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Default ABOR bug

Ive seen this on both SunOS and e FTP server (UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0) ready.

When I abort a transfer, instead doing what most servers do and send back a "225 ABOR command successful." It sends back:
ABOR
425 Can't build data connection: Interrupted system call.
Then flash never thinks is aborted and sits there and i have to disconnect/reconnect. Oddly, though, if there is no list/transfer in progress, then it sends back a 225 like everyone else.

Also I have seen that if im transfering a queue, and i abort, but for lag or some other reason the server does not abort (im not very patient...), i tend to do a hard disconnect and then reconnect, but for some reason flash does not register that as being aborted, it still thinks the queue is in progress and I have to click abort again. Then i guess flash sees the abort and sends the next thing in its queue which is a soft quit (which of course should of been stoped cause of the hard discconnect)...
Old 08-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Without seeing a more detailed session status I can't determine exactly what took place.

When aborting a file transfer two replies are expected.
1. A server reply stating wither or not the abort was successful.
2. A server reply stating the transfer failed.
FlashFXP will wait a maximum of 30 seconds for these replies.

I don't think I've ever personally tested FlashFXP against the configuration you meantion in your post. If possible, could you create me a test account on this ftp server? so that I can determine if it's a compatiblity issue and possibly resolve it.

Tags
abor, abort, back, queue, sends