Old 07-08-2002, 09:33 AM   #1
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Explorer menu unavailable if no file selected

If you try to right-click in the white space (i.e. not on a file or folder) in the local browser, the Explorer menu option is grayed out. This is a real problem if you want to perform a command on the folder you are currently in instead of on an object contained with in it. The only way to do it is to back up a folder and do it there, which is a bit of a nuisance at times.

Also, if you right click on the Parent Directory listing, the Explorer Menu option is not grayed out, but does absolutely nothing when clicked.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #2
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

BTW, for an example of where the first issue would be a problem, try selecting a bunch of files and using the Explorer Copy command. Now go to the target folder. In Windows Explorer, you can click in the empty space and select Paste. Because you've grayed out the explorer menu, however, that option is unavailable in FlashFXP. I have to go back up a directory, and right click on the target folder to do the paste, then go back to the target folder to do whatever I was going to do. There are two unnecessary steps in that copy-paste procedure as a result.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:05 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This feature is not supported by the explorer control used in FlashFXP. It only supports an explorer menu for the selected item.

The parent folder item has no functionality, it's a dummy item and it's impossible to offer support for it in the explorer menu.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:18 AM   #4
seanr
FlashFXP Registered User

Maybe you'd be better served by finding a different way to handle those explorer commands. The current method seems to have a LOT of shortcomings. IMO, you should try to do it the same way that CuteFTP does it, CuteFTP's method is FAR better.

DL the CuteFTP demo (4.3) and try it out so you can see what I mean.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:44 AM   #5
Celerex_2

MOst of the shortcut keys still work. For example, you could go into the folder after copying the files and push CTRL+V and the files will be pasted there. Windows has many ways of doing one thing

Tags
explorer, folder, grayed, menu, option