Old 06-30-2002, 03:01 AM   #1
Optixxx
ioFTPD Registered User

Default Raidenftpd New Chat System on 1377

Server side : RaidenFTPD v2.2 build 1377 and above

1. to read , open menu item "View" - "View sysop mails"
2. You can reply to users even if he is offline (will be displayed upon his next login)
3. If you have a mail , the tray icon will change to an icon with a message

Client side :
to send a msg to serve , use "site msg your_message"
if you use FTP VOYAGER , you can chat with server interactively , you will also receive a POPUP if the sysop sends a msg to you

* THERE IS ONLY ONE KNOWN CLIENT WITH THIS FEATURE AT THIS MOMENT : FtpVoyager ( http://www.ftpvoyager.com/ )

is it possible to implement that in flashfxp,too

Optixxx
Old 06-30-2002, 07:58 AM   #2
bart-

raw commands: site msg read
works in glftpd, dunno about raidenftpd
Old 06-30-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
Optixxx
ioFTPD Registered User

naa it´s completely different...i know a lot of phps for raiden and
glftpd which work with special raw commands but this dont works by raw command in ftpvoyager

Optixxx
Old 07-01-2002, 03:06 AM   #4
Zero-Point
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I use both RaidenFTPD and FlashFXP (proudly purchased of course), and noticed the chat options in both client and server before the 1377 update in RaidenFTPD.

When I first noticed the chat system, I could not get it to work interactively...until the 1377 update to RaidenFTPD. The option in RaidenFTPD has existed as long as I have been using it, but just didn't work.

With the 1377 update, the client (using FlashFXP) can send messages to the server (using RaidenFTPD) using the raw command "site msg <your_message>". The client can chat with the server interactively (in real-time), but when the server sends the client a message (using FlashFXP), it is not recieved in a POPUP, but rather, text in the status window.

I belive what pn169 was getting at (and maybe you too, Cadenginez) is that FtpVoyager uses the POPUP on client msg recieve.

What I am saying is that the chat system in RaidenFTPD is compatible and works with FlashFXP; it would be nicer to have a POPUP in FlashFXP as noticing the msg is difficult. But, I would not expect it to be in the next update(s) as the Release Cantidates are for debugging only, and are not feature oriented.

-- Zero-Point

Tags
client, icon, msg, raidenftpd, sysop